An Elder Reads CoC !!

by TTATTelder 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DJS
    DJS

Welcome,

CoC was the final nail in the JW coffin for me. Hang on for the ride and let this site help you. Life, BTW, is amazing. Once you exit the JWs/WT and start living it, you will wonder WTF you ever saw in the cult.

• adamah
    adamah

Welcome, TTATTElder!

Thanks for sharing your story! The feeling of a "massive weight being lifted" is common, as well as experiencing a veritable avalanche of emotions; don't let it overwhelm you as it's too much to digest overnight, or even in a month or two.

But the fact is, you too will face a crisis of conscience, since many others inside really do know it's not "The Whole Truth", but choose to simply 'go with the flow' so as not to make waves, keep contact with family, etc.

I always think of the saying, "What if they had a war, and no one came?" The same applies to the JWs, since the problem is NOT merely the GB, or the elders, MS, R&F publishers, etc: it's EVERYONE who participates in the organization, where "ALL share in her sins".

But welcome, read around for some practical tips from years' worth of posters, and don't be afraid to ask for some real-time assistance from those who've "been there, done it" (and earned the t-shirt to prove it).

Adam

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

TIP: make use of the search function on this site . Over 4 million posts its the largest

archive of real life JW info .

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Welcome!

Yes, the biggest surprise most of us get when leaving if finding out that it's not the "apostates" that are evil, mean, sick and twisted, and all "mentally diseased;" it's the Governing Body, the ones we trusted.

Can you spell "B-E-T-R-A-Y-A-L"?

• WishingLiz
    WishingLiz

Welcome TTATElder,

Yes, I so appreciated Ray's humble honest manner that came out in CoC as well.

Take care, lots of love.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Good job, waking up.

Welcome.

LoisLane

• QC
    QC

Welcome,

CoC really opened my eyes.

Looking forward to hearing your take on things.

JWN is the crossroad that connects a lot of good info.

• FirstLastName
    FirstLastName

Welcome. It will be good to hear your stories.

:)

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

WELCOME! I left around the same time as Ray did and while I read the book many years later, I still so appreciated it-the attitude that he wrote with should be a lesson to us all. He was simple and straightforward and I appreciate that he wasn't using wishy-washy manipulative verbiage and such. After all those years in the WT, you'd think it would have been nonstop, but nope, he just said what needed to be said with no excess of drama or emotion.

I am so happy you know the truth now. I am going to have to see what all the rapture business is that I have been seeing. I try to stay out of the WT nonsense these days, but it is good to know ones enemy, right?

Take care!

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Dear TTATTelder

I am feeling with you. 4 years ago they appointed me elder. In the talk with 2 elders before the announcement was made, I told them I didn't want to become an elder as I have doubts about certain topics. They just said that everyone has some doubting points. They pushed me into it.

2 years ago I couldn't bear it longer and wrote a letter that I don't want to be an elder anymore because I don't agree with disfellowship arrangement and doubt some bible passages where Jehovah is ordering genocide. They were shocked but accepted my stepping down. I just couldn't bear it longer the hypocrisy of being an elder with feelings that so much is wrong in the organisation.

In the last 2 years I researched more (especially also about blood). It is sad though that it damaged my marriage, as my wife just can't accept that I have different religious feelings than her. I don't know where this will end but sometimes it is like walking through a minefield.

But I tell you the feeling was great the day when I was no elder anymore.

I wish you all the best and hope to keep in touch with you

Daniel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit