An Elder Reads CoC !!

by TTATTelder 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Scully
    Scully

TTATTelder:

I was appointed as an elder right when I am starting to doubt things more than any time in my life, right when all this "new light" is coming out, and right before this historical Annual Meeting.

Isn't it interesting how the Holy Spirit™ still allowed you to be Appointed™ as an Elder™, despite having more doubts than you ever have had in your life?? What does that tell you??

When I was first thinking about leaving the JWs, almost 20 years ago, I had to send my oldest kid off to school in the morning and drop my husband off at his job, then drive to a public library across town (where nobody knew me) with the younger kids, and while they sat and listened to story time and looked at picture books, I read one or two chapters of Crisis of Conscience. Over the course of a few weeks, I was able to finish the book. I was terrified to bring it home. It felt very cloak and dagger at the time, but the tone of the book was just as you described - humble, sincere, with a wealth of knowledge, and a desire to share the simplicity of Christian worship without all the hoo-ha the WTS was piling on.

I know you'll find other things to read over the course of the next weeks, months and years, but congratulations on starting the process.

• ZuluTime
    ZuluTime

Welcome to the board. It always gives me hope when elders learn TTATT and can share on these boards. You can also download In Search of Christian Freedom from scribd.com at no charge.

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

Just barely 2 months ago, I was being recommended to serve as elder in our congregation. An elder approached me to discuss things over. But I still declined.

After realizing much while doing independent research about the organization, I could not accept such a privilege/authority. Being an elder compels one to defend WT teachings at all cost! I could not in my own conscience expel erring Christians, be one of the causes for them to suffer deep emotional trauma. Being an elder makes you a direct channel of the GB where you execute instructions that are not aligned with what our Lord Jesus Christ taught early Christians. And you cannot just say no or you will be feeling GUILTY for falling out of expectations.

If one has begun a journey of sorting things out and discovering "NEW LIGHT", it will be very hard to just go a notch higher in the heirarchy of the organization.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Welcome!

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

Go slowly with your family.

A lot of people make the mistake of blurting out everything they have learned.

The family is overwhelmed and turns them in.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Welcome indeed!

Former MS and Temp Bethelite here. It was in Bethel that my doubts started. But I battled on for 13 more years and started to fade this year. Lots of highs and lows ahead but everyone here will support you as much as they can.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Ttatt is a relief, isnt it! I too felt that weight off me. It's so good so many people are waking up, especially elders and that. It's so good to have you here. Bet you've learned a lot from being an elder for a time.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome TTATTElder. Glad to have you here with us.

You will enjoy Ray Franz's 2nd book even better.

"In Search of Christian Freedom".

• startingover
    startingover

Thanks for posting. So many have been down this road, myself included, and it always feels good to have company.

• KiddingMe
    KiddingMe

Welcome!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit