An Elder Reads CoC !!

by TTATTelder 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

Things are moving along nice, Cedars, Eric and Simon are doing a good job at getting the truth outside and giving people a chance to think for themselves. I am very impressed with the excellent writings of Eric and Cedars, Simon is a good man too. Websites are the key to making a dent in the Organizations iron vice grip around the sheeps throat. Thank you Cedars, Eric, Simon and webmaster and scholar from JW-Facts, the world needs more people willing to go against the groups adhering to "High Group Mind Control", thank you from Perry the Pismo Clam!

Westbilly, what's the difference between C.O.C. and In Search of Christian Freedom? I have ISOCF and love that book, read it twice and still love to peruse throuh it.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

I have yet to read ISOC!.....but will do so soon!!thanks.

• SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker
    SanLuisObispoTruthSeeker

Thank you, we got to get those books before they go out of circulation. JWs from Hell-Quarters would love to do a Book Burning party if Sister Franz allows her late husbands great works to not get reprinted. I hope someone will convince her to leave the materials to a charity and keep them printing.

Ray Franz in ISOCF speaks of getting the "Rule Book" of all the Sins and Questions Bethel keeps track of, he said to write to Commentar Press in order to secure a copy, has anyone ever gotten that list of rules that makes the Phariseesa and Religious men of old's list look tiny? Let's keep Ray's book in play!

WestBilly, Franz mentioned a book by Steve Hassan, did you buy this book? It's on my list to buy and read, I need to keep up with the readers on this website, not use to a group of well-read people and highly intelligent ex-JWs here. It's hard enough to get the friends at the Kingdom Hall to read the Awake or Watchtower(correction, they have trouble reading a new tract or new brochure, it's rare the friends are able to read a book like the Jeremiah or Isaiah books past page ten) before they go out and share those magazines. More don't read these magazines they are handing out, in my opine I think they are fraudulent to hand out magazines they feel are not worth their time to read but want us to waste our time reading things the Witnesses are not willing to read.

• DJS
    DJS

There will be lots of excellent advice from wise ones on this site as to how you may craft your exit. Based on what you describe (current, new elder, born=in generational, likely lots of family) your exit likely should be slow, methodicial and well planned. My common concern for you and ones like you is whether you can keep your new-found knowledge - and likely the derision for all things WT that comes with it - from entering your talks, counsel and private discussions with other JWs, including other elderes. If you have the mindset enabling you to do so, then a slow fade would be best by far. And it would allow you to gauge family and friends in the WT as you plot the next step of your exit.

However, most find it difficult to keep their anger/hurt/betrayal about what they have learned about the WT from oozing out. Being an elder, as you know, will cause you more grief than you can imagine if that starts occurring. OK, maybe you can imagine. You will likely start getting fewer speaking engagements and other perks of being an elder (such as being asked to be on Judicial Committees or being able to play in all of the raindeer games). You may be isolated, and the BOE may even begin to speak to others about you and any 'unsavory' ideas or thoughts you may have expressed. And this can drag your family and friends into meetings and you and yours can be isolated to a large degree.

I would recommend to anyone who doesn't have family in the WT, congregation responsibilities or other strong difficult- to- break ties to the Borg to leave ASAP and as quietly in the night as possible. Judicial committess and interrogations aren't fun. It happened to me and my family and it has happened to many others. Good luck

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

no I haven't read that book either/yet....but I'm getting there!....having been in for over 30 years it is a real relief to be out and able/willing to read such books. when I was in such books were never mentioned and I had no idea about what really happened with Ray Franz.....all hushed up from the r and f....i have a feeling that intelligent elders and others will, as they feel the dog collar of the gb being tightened,look beyond the kh walls for answers.....I have just ordered ISOC from amazon.......

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

if there is one thing that amazes me it is all the new ones that are arriving. Quite often it is the ones who I would least expect.

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Hello there chappie! I hope your wife and family come with you. I stepped down a few years ago, I woke up properly this year, now I'm working out how to proceed. Slowly, I think that's the key word. I wish you every good fortune, myself too. Come on wifey, wake up! Wifeys everywhere...

• Sparlock the Wizard
    Sparlock the Wizard

Welcome to the board!

• ProfCNJ
    ProfCNJ

What a bold step dear bro.! I have read a few pages of the CoC in pdf form and I uttered the same "OMG", "really", "you got to be kidding" expressions. Sent you a PM. Hope you will read it.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

I resigned as an elder in April 2012. I'm still fading. Because i was in Bethel from 88-94, I was very skeptical when reading CoC. But everything he wrote about is so detailed and straight up.

This past summer's convention talk on "human apostates" really burned me up when they repeatedly said: "Apostates have CHOSEN to DECEIVE others." As if what we believe is a choice, and that everything that apostates say is either half-truths or complete lies.

But, that is why it is easy to have your faith destroyed by apostates, because 99.9% of everything that they say is verifiable truth, and you are expecting see nothing but falsehoods in apostate books, postings, or blogs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit