An Elder Reads CoC !!

by TTATTelder 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Comatose
    Comatose

Welcome. I grew up "in" as well. I woke up about a year ago... It's a mind blowing experience. Just remember to take it real slow. Please read some from Steven Hassan online. He has written several books on helping loved ones in a cult.

I got my wife out. But it was only from following advice from Steve's books. I just kept asking her view point on questions. A big one was a article on invitro fertilization we had recently. I asked her if she thought that sounded like "gross misuse of the genital organs". She said no. I then just dropped it. You have to get them almost used to or accustomed to thinking again for themselves. The books teach you how to do it.

• clarity
    clarity

Big welcome to you TTATTelder

>

I remember staring at the computer screen and yelling NO! Armageddon is not coming!

>

A R M A G E D D O N i s N O T C O M I N G !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! W T F !

>

And so it began..........

>

Nice to have you here brother ... hope your wife shows up soon!

clarity

• jgnat
    jgnat

If you have been browsing around this site, you are likely already aware that care must be taken with your loved-ones. If you approach carefully, you can avoid a lot of grief along your journey.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Another hounder sees the light! Congrats. Looking forward to hearing some juicy inside info

• TTATTelder
    TTATTelder

Thanks to everybody for your support!

I was away from my computer for a good while and was shocked at the response. I have to say that I got a little emotional over it. Thats not like me. (I really hope that doesn't seem corny) I must have needed the support more than I realized. Thanks again.

I also appreciate the book recommendations. It sounds like the Hassan book is a must to understand this stuff and to deal with the family issues. I was planning on the Christian freedom book by Franz, nice to hear good things about it as well. I look forward to reading it next.

I was surprised to hear the advice on moving slow. For some reason I thought I might hear "run for the hills", but it really is more complicated than that.

TTATelder

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Welcome to forum, I guess that Holy Spirit just doesn't quite work like they would have everyone believe. Congrats on your freedom from the corporation.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Welcome.

And exactly what Cofty said.

It is hugely empowering to leave on your own time and terms with your family intact. Please do not let them take this away from you - ever.

PS - One can search the wt library for "legalism" to read a summary of Ray's ISoCF.

• dissonance_resolved
    dissonance_resolved

Welcome TTATTelder! I too am a multi- generational born-in, fading now for 6 months. I agree that it is an emotionally wild ride- it's a huge relief personally, but also quite painful to see all your family and friends stuck in the org with no comprehension of how/why you would ever want to leave. Make sure you find some friends, even here on this board, that you can talk to openly about all of this, with no fear of getting DF'd. It helps immensely.

• happy@last
    happy@last

Welcome here, tread carefully if you want to keep things safe. Meantime make sure you use the scriptures in elders meetings and with the congregation, apply them correctly, not burdening with rules and policies.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Crisis of Conscience is an amazing book.......totally candid and refreshingly honest.....it has changed my perception of the cult in no uncertain way.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit