An Elder Reads CoC !!

by TTATTelder 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dog is god
    dog is god

Welcome. I still have that sick stomach feeling and I've been out 20 yrs.

• satinka
    satinka

Welcome aboard, TTATTelder!

Crisis of Conscience was the book that helped me to see the light. Now, that's what I call New Light!

After reading CoC I no longer saw the organization as led by Jehovah's Spirit. It became reduced to another man-made publishing company. Only this one had free marketers --- publishers --- raking in the cash and giving it all to the organization. What a racket!

I've been out since 2000 and life has improved greatly!

satinka

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Welcome! If you can stomach a slow fade, that would be best. While you're in, continue posting us your elder stuff as it is a great support to others so you can really be a help to others who read this site.

• factfinder
    factfinder

welcome TTATTelder!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

glad you enjoyed it, it is a wonderful book.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I know that "SICK FEELING IN THE PIT OF THE STOMACH!

I got it first at the 1993 A$$embly when they changed the "When you see these tHings", which made me suspect they would dump the Generation of 1914.

When the Witchtower came out changing the generation teaching, I felt sick. Getting up for work in the morning felt like torture - I neede to lie down and come to terms with the fact that we had all been hoodwinked. Over the next few years I began to DRINK whilst attending the kingdumb hell. It was the only way I thought I could stay sane: drink enough so you dont think too hard.

Then i got the Encyclopedia Brittanica CD. looked up JWs, and started the journey away.

• mrquik
    mrquik

Hi TTATTE: I too, found Ray's book an eye opener. I had 50 yrs in; 20 as an elder. I immediately called family & friends to warn them of the deception. I immediately lost family & friends. So chose your course of action wisely. For me, I had no other choice regardless of the consequences. Each of us needs to decide which avenue will work the best. My best advice is Live Well ... Enjoy Life. (Also, Good Luck.......Happy Birthday & Merry Christmas. :)

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People have it so easy now, compared to decades ago when there was no inter-net to use.

I left back in around 1980 on my own instincts of personal integrity.

That the WTS. was a deceitful commercialized fraud with its core operation of a religious publishing house.

One could say a game of assumable and cultivating power and money.

Something Ray Franz eventually saw himself as GB member.

• molybdenum
    molybdenum

TTATTElder wrote:

I was just appointed an elder this summer. I started discovering the TTATT (the truth about the truth) last year after putting a few things together myself concerning the leadership and then doing some research online

It is interesting that according to the WT you were appointed an Elder by Holy Spirit

w03 3/1 p. 17 par. 17
    Further, elders serve in the local Christian congregation and, according to the apostle Paul, are appointed by holy spirit.

So what happened in your case if that is the case?

You were discovering the TATT, then appointed as an Elder. Hmmm...

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

A belated welcome! Isn't it amazing how confused that "holy spirit" can get things? Wishing you success with your family starting to hopefully wake up.

Carpe Diem.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit