3 more branches closed?

by Viva la Vida 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Muslim countries generally do not like proselytizing.

Bangalore

• cedars
    cedars

Hi Viva

I remember that when I was at Bethel I saw a list of all the branches, including some that were not publicly advertise (Turkey, Lebanon, and Malaysia).

Yes, it's a shame there is no master list produced by the Society in the public domain. As more branches close, you can begin to understand why this may be.

Cedars

• cedars
    cedars

Here is my article on this subject for anyone interested...

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/more-branch-closures-are-watchtower-continues-to-downsize

Cedars

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Wow Cedars, I clicked on your link.

For those who can't read the words to The WatchTower's Song , "Listen, Obey and Get Screwed", you can surely just sing these little words, to all songs, along with using them for most answer's at the regurgitate what we just read to you... WatchTower study.

First, you must understand these questions before you can correctly sing.

Why are they selling off so many Branches?

How does this benefit local Brother's?

Is this not an embarrassment for that Country to lose their Religious Status Symbol?

If it was dedicated to Jehovah, for some Branches, just 3 short years ago, shouldn't Jehovah have told them ahead of time, so they would not have wasted precious door to door time, loss of quality family time, building with collected donations, and free labor, now to be sold, to worldly people who WT says will die at the Big "A"?

WatchTower thinks way down the road. Build it and they will come?

No, build it and we will sell it and make lots of money.

Let's all sing The Happy Crazy 8's song:

CA CHING... CA CHING... CA... CHING... Oh how We love the sound of M-O-N.... . E-Y..

CA CHING... CA CHING... CA... CHING... Our Retirement Plan, is workkkkkkkk ..... . ing .

CA CHING... CA CHING... CA... CHING... Yes, let our new song ri ....... . nnnnnggggggg .

LoisLane

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Cha Cha Ching, loud let the new song ring

Cha Cha Ching, the Dollar now is King.

Rub a Dub

• dozy
    dozy

Ireland branch still up for sale - been on the market for over 2 years at less than half the price the WTBTS could have got for it before the property crash in 2008.

http://cms.mol.ie/uploads/Watch%20Tower%20House,%20Newcastle.pdf

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It's interesting that many of the closed Branch locations are areas that American JW's are virtually begged to travel to as "need greaters." At their own expense of course. The WTBTS has made it abundantly clear that they do not financially support, sponsor, or secure housing for volunteers. Yep, that's right! The priviledge of footing the bill is all yours!

An Elder told me recently that he was thrilled to part of a "yearbook" moment. How so, you may ask? He preached in an area of a particular country [ With a closed Branch office ] that has never been reached with the "good news" of the WTBTS.

So if the End is so close and there are still areas where people have never heard the good news, why would Jehovah close the very Branch facilities that make the preaching work take place "decently and by arrangement?"

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I don't know guys. I still think this is not that big of a deal. I don't think most people know. As long as they continue to build (which they do with wreckless abandon), tout new advances and projects (which they do with wreckless abandon), and grow which they are......nobody cares but us.

Its a consolidation for buisness purposes. Its the right thing for them to do financially. I think you guys overestimate the role of the branches locally. They really are just distributors. Its based on population or nearby countries, ease of uniformity of language, and local roles, as well as number of adherants.

As long as the number of JW's worldwide and in general continues to grow or even remain stagnat, there is no reason to think these things are closing because they have to.

• steve2
    steve2

I hear that the Branch offices in Iran, Iraq, Syria, the United Arab Emirates, Afghanistan and North Korea have recently closed. What's that? Oh, error on my part: I've just heard that there never were Branch offices in those countries and that there is no evidence that JWs have ever gone there to spread the message. So much for the good news of the kingdom being preached in all the inhabited earth...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    Two years ago the yearbook related the history of the Estonia branch, first it was under the supervision of the Finland branch, then, in 1999, it became a branch, now under Finland again! http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/302011002?q=estonia&p=par#p298

This is just as confusing as that King of the North bullshit

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit