3 more branches closed?

by Viva la Vida 67 Replies latest jw friends

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

I live in one of the countries where the Bethel was closed. Even when I used to visit, I remember thinking to myself, why on earth do they need such a big premises when in reality all it was is a distribution point for literature. At the time I was working at a distribution point for a secular company that was servicing the whole of the country and it was no where near the size of the Bethel. I believe we were more busy to. Another thing that stuck in my mind on one of my Bethel visits. I remember been meet at the reception area and seeing a lady removing stamps off envelopes, and been told the reason behind it was because they could on sell the stamps to collectors. I thought it unusual that someone would have to go to these lengths to make a buck. Now I know why. I think they have been loosing money on these dispendable Bethels for some time, it only now that it's all coming out. I really feel sorry for the people who devoted most of their lives to bethel service. I saw one of them a few months back and be honest he looked like a broken man.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Joe132Cd's

Ola, Bonjour, Good Evening,

Let me set the record a little bit straighter for you.

They are not losing money.

They are making money.

This has been going on, always.

They take off the stamps. Some are valuable to collector's but most are sold in bulk.

A 1 pound bag of assorted sells for $___.

You possibly don't know this, but The WatchTower Society are penny- pincher's from waaaay back.

LoisLane who has been around the block a few times.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Joe134cd

You are possibly right about these Distribution Centers.

The Society is all about making money.

You guilt good people to give you their money.

You guilt good people to build whatever you want them to build, and they do it, for free. lol

It makes excellent business sense to them, if they are able to buy property with our donations, then,

with our free labor, build it, keep it, until they desire to make a profit and then sell it.

BINGO.

Pure profit. It makes their accountant very happy.

They just dedicated it to the Israelite God of War 3 years ago?

No problem.

They are blessed by a God, that likes pure profit, quick money. NOW.

Bye Bye Branch.

LoisLane

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

Recently I remembered an announcement that was made back in 2008/9 at morning worship in bethel.

A letter from the GB was read inviting all bethelites to submit ideas that save money to the organization. Also, it was said (I'm not sure if at the same letter or in another instance) that branches shouldn't keep savings higher than what they needed for 2 months of running.

I didn't thought much about this at that time but I think it explains some of the decision that have been taken recently.

Was someone else at bethel at that time that remembers this?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    A huge outdoor pizza oven that most of the bethels worldwide are having built. We saw it back about three months ago.
    It will be able to cook the pizzas under thirty seconds. Wood fed and very fancy.

When WBT$ Religion is no longer Profitable to the WBT$..

They will Sell and Deliver..Pizza!!..

It will be what they have always done,it will be what 1st Century Christians did..

" WBT$ New Light"

Jesus Sold and Delivered..

WBT $ Pizza..

........................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• steve2
    steve2

Pedophile-pardoning publishers preach and promote pizzas provided pronto.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Just adding another one of my bethel memories. They had the outside of the Bethel painted. After this was done they then announced they were going to sell it.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Louis lane. I do believe you are correct to a point and "YES" they are making money at the moment. But the thing is, is that once these assets are all sold what then. I don't think that they can keep forever building and flipping over real estate. Sooner or latter the R&F are going to wake up. I can just see this realestate thing coming back to bite them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit