3 more branches closed?

by Viva la Vida 67 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    slimboyfat - "I don't think they've ever closed branches like this before."

These amounts in this span of time? No way.

Be interesting to hear a professional business analyst's take on the WT corporations' actions and what they bode for the future...

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

List of closed branches

1) Alaska

2) Hawaii

3) Puerto Rico

4) Belize

5) Guatemala

6) El Salvador

7) Honduras

8) Nicaragua

9) Costa Rica

10) Panama

11) Uruguay

12) Guadeloupe

13) Martinique

14) Antigua

15) Bahamas

16) French Guiana

17) Guyana

18) Iceland

19) Norway

20) Sweden

21) Estonia

22) Latvia

23) Lithuania

24) Luxembourg

25) Switzerland

26) Austria

27) Czech Republic

28) Cyprus

29) Togo

30) New Zealand

31) Samoa

• Viva la Vida
    Viva la Vida

32) Ireland

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow; having them all listed like that is quite a thing.

I'm reminded of what happenes when the human body is experiencing systemic shutdown (particularly in sub-zero conditions); oxygen and nourishment to the extremities are cut off first, toes, fingers, then hands, feet, then lower legs, arms, etc., etc...

...all to keep the heart and brain functioning as long as possible.

Trouble is, when the heart and brain are all that's left, they can't function any more, either.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

Trouble is, when the heart and brain are all that's left, they can't function any more, either.

Wonderful thought isn't it?

NJY

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Come on brothers and sisters, sing-a-long

"Hail the theocracy ever decreasing

won'drous contraction is now taking place "

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

...................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• scotoma
    scotoma

Gingerbread,

The most rapid increase of JW's was in the 1950's.

The Watchtower seems to confuse large numbers added as "acceleration". Acceleration is an increase in the percentage of increase not the numbers added.

Like all pyramid schemes the largest acceleration was at the beginning when they went from 10 to 20 in just a matter of months.

After becoming an established organization their last period of acceleration was from 1950 to about 1961.

Since then the percentage of increase has been decreasing steadily and quite predictably.

• laverite
    laverite

Is the Corp really in decline? I suppose the closings could be seen that way. Also, numbers don't look to exciting for the Watchtower Corp these days. But, what impact will this have on the daily lives of most witnesses? Not much, I'd predict. As long as the Watchtower mags keep coming and meetings and assemblies are held, the madness will continue.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

You are correct Scotoma. Of course it all depends on the 'slice' of the statistics that are examined - especially in terms of percentage of gain.

For example, when a small country is cited in the Yearbook with publishers increasing from 12 to 24 over the previous year...oh my! They've had an increase of 100%. That's not such a 'big deal' when it's realized the the country's population is ten million.

In 1980 there was just over 2 million active JW's. Twenty years later the numbers jumped to 6 million. In the eyes of all of us active during those years, 'we' had grown beyond our wildest imagination. During that time the money was filling the contribution boxes and the push to build additional branches came with it.

From a personal perspective, I can only remember back to the time when Jehovah's Witnesses had 1 million publishers.

ginger

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit