3 more branches closed?

by Viva la Vida 67 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah but they may abolish printing presses before too long. Move everything online apart from short tracts, outsourced to someone else.

• rmt1
    rmt1

My earliest recollections were ~3 million JWs during a period of ~3 billion world pop. Now 7.1 billion world pop and 7.8 million JWs. I don't know how you measure the error in the measurement of the world population. But has the definition of what goes inot the JW claimed number stayed the same from late 70's to now? I'd bet not. I would bet that their definition has diffused itself so they can count additional gray hues of JW. So while it may be that JWs have kept up a 1:1000 world population ratio, they may not have. Can the error / wiggle room in the JW tabulation be characterized?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

World population reached 3 billion in 1960 whereas JWs didn't reach 3 million until 1985. JWs are still increasing faster than world population.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How Much do WBT $ GB Rock Stars Care?..

We`re Gonna Live Large.. We Don`t Care If JW`s..

We`re Gonna Live Rich.. Live in a Ditch..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif... OUTLAW

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

World population reached 3 billion in 1960 whereas JWs didn't reach 3 million until 1985. JWs are still increasing faster than world population.

Of course, as we know, the growth is now in poorer areas, whereas the U.S. ratio is declining (and other first-world countries?), thus the reason for this belt-tightening.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I wouldn't read too much into these things guys. These "branches" mostly were fairly smaller organizations. Witht he world being more flat than ever, it only makes sense to merge responsabiltiies and take advantage of technology. Any smart buisness with the scope they have would do the same thing, they may have just done it sooner.

Instead of having that money tied up, it can be liquidated and put to work.

I don't know if there is much to see here.

• designs
    designs

problemaddict- It may make business sense but a Branch was to be a sort of Embassy, a place where travelers could go for assistence. I remember going to the Italian Branch in Rome Italy in 1970 (they shared a duplex with National Geographic) and they found us a nice cheap hotel to stay in while we were in Rome. Our bill for the week was something like $28,000.00 Lira or $14.00 US

Lois- Senior Living facilites would be a natural for these buildings and could be self sustaining or even show a profit. Many other denominations run these types of homes and make a profit on them like the Lutheran Fund does.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

That leaves 88 branches...

88 producers of TP in the world, 88 producing TP, take 1 down, don't pass it around, 88 producers of TP in the world

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Closure of branches that have been around for a hundred years or more is bound to have a huge psychological impact on the local Witnesses. It must feel a bit like abandonment.

• watson
    watson

Are they selling the properties?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit