What is your Totem Animal?

by Hyghlandyr 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Gozz

I suggest the test is useless because it is in its ability to find your totem. As entertainment it is fun certainly. But a test with seven questions, which have limited, restrictive answers is not much help for the topic at hand. However it is useful in that it got people talking and excited about their totems.

Plum

Ive known lots of people who had wolf hybrids. Cool cool. We had a sister at my first hall who did grooming.

RedhorseWoman

At least you are sensitive to sendings. A witness one time sent to me. She projected leaning over my shoulder and breathing in my air. Of course I felt it. We were talkin in text chat. I was typing to her, to stop breathing in my ear just as she was asking me if I felt it. It was pretty cool.

LB Cool beans.

Let's see, three wives, seven concubines, nine slave girls, and twenty-seven black nazi female body guards. I've only got forty-five women to go and my cult is complete

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Jeremy

You summed it up when you said there is no correct view and to follow your gut. Also you seem a shapeshifter to me, what you are to yourself is defined by your own labels and mine dont have to stick. The thing with me is, I have always felt a lot of things, contemplated a lot of things, about shape shifting for instance and totems. Then when I study what ancient peoples believe, like the Irish, I find out that is how they believe. I believe in racial memories. The ability to know instinctively the things your anscestors knew. I will start a thread on that later explaining it more, but that is what I believe I have and why I take to these things so easily.

As you can see from the posts here many people have taken the test and it gives them animals totally unrelated. My last post stated it is a very limited test, and at best it is useful for keeping us interested in such things. I do not weight into an esteemed shaman's view of my totem, and even less in an internet test.

Francois is a shape shifter as well and he has stated he does not do it for frivolous reasons. I do it for what he and shamans would consider frivolous all the time. So I often, as when I was a christian, fall outside of that which is accepted in spiritual traditions of any sort including shape shifters.

I have been compared to a new ager, I am not. But them, Druid, Celts, Pagans, Wiccans, Christians, and other mystics, have taken upon them christian mores. Sexuality, violence, even verbal biting, are often rejected by them. It is claimed by them that Pagans didnt do such things, and then christians came along messed everything up. Nonsense. Prechristians were violent, killed, attacked, and were as frivolous as christians were.

They are kind of like Jehovahs Witnesses who claim that there was once a kinder gentler christianity, an original, pure christianity which became corrupted. And the various pagan groups are returning to the kinder gentler prechristian religions. They forget war existed long before the advent of christos.

Then they claim that matriarchal societies (those ruled by women) did not practice war, were not violent. There is just one problem with that, we have no evidence of matriarchs. The best we have are the celts which were nearly an equality, but still men held sway overall. Women were socially nearly their equals, but not quite. True there were queens, but so were there in other patriarchs.

If there were matriarchs in the distant past, we have no sure way of knowing how they lived, and much of this return to a gentler spirituality is based on suppositions that women are less violent, therefor a matriarchy would not war. This ignores several factors, one being that women, when violent, are often far more vicious than men. Take a look at any female gang. Second, is that war is usually simply a matter of resources. If people have stuff, comparable to the stuff of other people, and there are few poor, and other economic problems, then they usually dont war. Assuming the population levels in the distant past were not as high as they are now, wich small tribes who often did not run into each other, of course there would be less war. Cant have war if there is no one to war with.

As you can see even though my spirituality is outside the norm, even in those circles that are outside the norm I am still outside the norm. Why should I trade the decisions of the GB and elders over my soul, for those of a shaman. Why should he determine (quite possibly inaccurately) what my totem is, rather than me determining for myself? If I went with others opinions I would defintely have had the wrong totem. The badger, as Beck said, feels right to my bones.

One final thing. A person might have a totem, and not be a shape shifter at all. Everyone can shape shift perhaps, but not everyone does. THough what you are talking about in your fighting is indeed a form of shape shifting.

Let's see, three wives, seven concubines, nine slave girls, and twenty-seven black nazi female body guards. I've only got forty-five women to go and my cult is complete

• Scully
    Scully

OK, now I'm seriously spooked.

I went with my daughters to an exhibit of various animals, but not with the intention of locating my "totem" animal. Lots of lemurs, rabbits, parrots, cockatiels, a caiman (looks like a crocodile), a wallaby, lots of reptiles and amphibians - turtles, snakes, lizards, geckos, frogs - some primates, some wolves. And then there was the "big cat" exhibit.

I know I said I'd been drawn to mountain lions, and there was one in the exhibit. But it didn't really do anything for me. Nada. Then, out of the corner of my eye I noticed a lynx. It was staring at me, so I looked at it more closely. It approached the outer perimeter of the enclosure as close as it could get to me. The entire time its gaze was fixed on me, and I couldn't help but gaze back at it.

I came away from it with a very eerie feeling. What do you think, Hygh? Is this a kind of moment of revelation/recognition??

Love, Scully

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Scully,

I have to leave that to you whether that was the moment for you. I know for me I just knew without question at that moment. Others have stated the same things. For others it was a gradual realization. I know that I would have been very intrigued with that. For those that have multiple totems, I am very excited for them. I have one. But shift into others anyhow. Still I like being a badger. It is what I am to the bone. One person on a study said to me once, at first I did not like you, but once I understood your badger nature, I understood you, now that I understand you, I like you.

hehehe

• Bona Dea
    Bona Dea

I've been told that I'm a panther. I don't know what that says about me though.

"Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them."
    -Walter Kerr

• mpatrick
    mpatrick

My totem is the Lotus flower(waterlily) which is the spiritual symbol of consciousness.

mpatrick

He does not believe who does not live according to his belief.-Thomas Fuller

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

PICs of an old friend
    I found a couple couldn't come accross the one I wanted. Most of my pictures are still boxed and in storrage.

Sequoia's eyes....
    My oldest son then 3 and Sequoia at 7 months He wanted to share his ice-cream uh...sorry sweetie but no shareing food this time.
    Sequoia at 10 months

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Scully, obviously, you are not one of the 144,000 annointed lynx(i?). You may be part of the Great Crowd of other cats serving outside the spiritual zoo cage. Cum, and lap lifes water free.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

Hyghlandyr: I have a serious question. You mentioned dreams and the need to share your dream with someone. I have to say that I always have this incredible urge to share my dreams with someone. I have emailed my brother and sister on many occassions just to share my dream with them. Andy is now getting tired of hearing my dreams...every time I wake up and say 'oh I had this weird dream' and he rolls his eyes. So I've stopped sharing with him.

I need to find a way to understand why I get the same theme in my dreams. I have many dreams about snakes...i hate snakes. But every time I dream about a snake..it bites me or my children. Each encounter always fills me with fear and trepidation...and each encounter someone is bitten...if not me...then one of kids. Many times I have grabbed the snake on each side of its head and I've squeezed until its jaw opens and the poison and venom shoots out at me. For some reason I always overpower it...and the snake dies a cruel and nasty death. In my dream the ability to overpower it is so simple and so easy...my fear is pushed aside...as I am filled with a need to destroy it and so I do. I have felt the fangs sink into my wrist in some dreams...and I wake up rubbing my wrist. I have seen the fangs sink into my child's skin...which child I don't know...I never know the identity of which of my kids it has bitten...only that it has hurt one of my own. The weird part is the fear that follows the destruction of the snake...the fear of the effects of the poison. I have sometimes put my wrist to my mouth in an effort to suck the poison out of my system and to spit it out onto the ground. I don't even know if this method is fact of fiction...but this is my attempt to save myself.

I don't expect you to know the answer...I only know that it happens too many times that I've lost count. I've woken up and said to Andy 'I had another snake bite dream' and he tries so hard to listen...but it gives him the creeps.

What do you think? Weird or what?

I have had one really weird dream experience but I should email that...because it is too weird and it was really personal. Please let me know if I can share it with you.

Wow...I can talk huh. Thanks for listening.

Beck

ps..Skully...that picture is awesome! I love it.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Beck

You have some really intense dreams. I do also. Almost all of my dreams are lucid, which means I know that I am dreaming. I can control them if I wish, and often I simply go with the flow, see where they take me. We had a thread which covered nightmares a bit. We did not get into very much detail. I introduced the idea of Lucid Dreaming to the group there...perhaps others have in the past. Read my experience there, and we can discuss lucid dreaming more. I will create a seperate post for it in a few days. Usually I meditate about my posts especially of this nature, and I want to be sure that my words are well said. You can email me your dreams any time you wish.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=25728&site=3

I will be going away for two weeks on the thirtieth. I will be writing a lot during that time. When I return I will post a few things to a website and a lot of information will be there. About lucid dreams, shape-shifting, and so on.

As to your dreams, mine I confronted head on. By challenging the thing that was attacking me. You are doing the same it seems, killing the snake. Resisting it. However, have you ever thought of not resisting? The reason I say this is, despite your defeating the snake, your fear is still there. When you read that link you will see that I too have felt physical responses to dreamed actions. Especially with your dream being about an animal antagonist...it could be trying to teach you something. I have known people who resisted, when in reality the animal in the dream was trying merely to merge with them, or was a familiar unawares to the person. I am not suggestion you dont resist right at this moment. But, think about it for the future. Just contemplate it.

I will talk to you again soon...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit