What is your Totem Animal?

by Hyghlandyr 79 Replies latest jw friends

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

A lot of you might think this is a question strictly for the pagans out there, but Christians have had Totem animals as well. Merriam-Websters defines a Totem as:

Main Entry: to·tem
    Pronunciation: 'tO-t&m
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Ojibwa oto.te.man his totem
    Date: circa 1776
    1 a : an object (as an animal or plant) serving as the emblem of a family or clan and often as a reminder of its ancestry; also : a usually carved or painted representation of such an object b : a family or clan identified by a common totemic object
    2 : something that serves as an emblem or revered symbol

Now as many of you who have read my comments about geas know, my totem animal is the badger. Tomorrow I will go into detail about why this is, how I came to know it, and what I have in common with european badgers. I was however curious if anyone else out there had a totem animal, christian or pagan or otherwise, and if so what it is, how you came to know it and so on. What connections do you feel, if any to your totem animal, have you ever shifted into your totem (in a dream for instance). Really any comments you have.

• target
    target

I have been told by a psychic friend that my totem animal is a fox. That is all I know so far.

Target

• butalbee
    butalbee

wow--hey, really looking forward to tomorrow....

Maybe it's cuz I'm overtired, exhausted, overworked, and seeing little glittering thingies cascading down my walls from ceiling to floor, but ok, I'll bite this one before passing out: I feel like a little kitten all curled up in a ball in a nice warm bed purring and dreaming of frollicking in a field of catnip with all my kitty friends.

LMAO.

• Marilyn
    Marilyn

I think this post is a bit too cerebral for me, but I'm a dragon on the Chinese calander if that's any help.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Phoenix

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Badger, Fox, Kitten, Dragon, and Phoenix. Great so far. Just checkin in one last time before I go to bed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

A girlfriend i had, has a rat as a totem animal. How's that? I havn't found out yet what mine is.

ZZ getting zleepy

• joelbear
    joelbear

As usual I can't settle on one thing.

I have 3.

Earth - Bear
    Sky - Owl
    Water - Dolphin

Joel

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

This is kinda like Jean Auel's series of books..Clan of the Cavebear etc...I didn't know people still did totem animal stuff.

How do I find out my totem animal?

Beck

• Prisca
    Prisca

Dodo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit