What is it about the Jehovah Witnesses that disturb you most.

by Narcissistic Supply 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Comatose
    Comatose

The walking dead people everywhere... I used to do it myself ALL THE TIME. In the grocery I would see people who seemed happy and think, "man they don't even get it. They will be dead in a year or two. They are just wasted lives and walking dead people." I never stopped thinking that. All the time and everywhere I went. Walking dead people.

Now it's happening to me! I am the walking dead. Only the people doing it don't hide it well at all.

• whathappened
    whathappened

Hands down what disturbs me most about Jehovah's Witnesses is their self righteous attitude. (I used to have it, I 'm embarrassed and shamed by my actions.)

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Wasanelder Once”: “. . . their total lack of community responsibility.”

As it is September 11 th today, I can’t help but thinking of the original September 11 th when shortly after the World Trade Centre attack, the JWs showed up around the ground zero area, and what did they do? Help out with what needed to be done at the time, like clearing away the rubble and serving food and drinks to the disaster workers? Noooo. I heard that they were bragging about handing out magazines, books, and tracts. (Big surprise.) Instead of showing tangible community spirit, they used it as just another marketing opportunity.

“Comatose”: “All the time and everywhere I went. Walking dead people.”

That reminds me of that movie with Bruce Willis and Haley Joel Osment called “The Sixth Sense,” where the boy says, “I see dead people.” Now, however, instead of seeing “dead people,” when we look afar at the JWs and people who want to join them, we just see stupid people.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The absolute foolish and stupid subservient devotion to the GB of the WTS., who are nothing and always have been

devious ignorant crooks running a religious publishing house.

In spite of this devotion most JWS are pompously arrogant from that devotion, that they have the Truth above all other Christian based faiths.

Good grief.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

What disturbs me the most is that the WTBTS uses BITE control techniques to victimize JWs to distribute its propaganda. I am amazed by how many JWs are so willing to give up their individuallity to be victimized by the WTBTS and how willing they are to victimize other JWs and non-JWs.

Welcome wakingup60 to JWN. I hope that you start a thread of your own in JW Friends forum to introduce yourself to everyone.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

ummm ... the MOST? There are too many to narrow it down.

BUT... being a little kid in the 1950's, scared all the time, I have to be good - good - good or I will make god sad and angry and I will be thrown into the pit, the second death, where there is no hope of a resurrection. I would just be dead and forgotten.

So scared because they said from the platform, so many, many times, Armageddon was right around the corner. I loved my worldly relatives, my neighbors, my classmates. What un-imagined horror awaited those nice people, and they didn't even know it.

NOW The Crazy 8's in Brooklyn are snapping their whip proclaiming that they want their Lakeside Country Estate DONE by Jan 1, 2017.

What happened to Armageddon, right around the corner?

On another thread the poster Designs said, "If the End is so near, why don't they rent?" lol That would sure save a lot of poor obedient JW's money they could spend on themselves, to better themselves and their own lives as well as their families. Ever hear of planning your retirement? The GB has. lol

BUT.................... I have to say the HYPOCRISY of The WatchTower Society is the worst. "Do as I say, not as I do". lol lol lol Jerks.

Just Lois

• rmt1
    rmt1

JWs don't know it's about money. JWs have access to the common sense to smell a rat. JWs refuse to act on their common sense and human decency, properties of the species developed and honed and refined over tens of thousands of years, and willfully suppress these out of self-conscious fear they will lose the socially and financially valuable alliance of believers. If every JW was permitted to vote anonymously on various controversial topics, without a shred of a threat of retaliation, and the results of this poll were made instantly available to every other JW, without a shred of a threat of retaliation, the numbers would collapse dramatically. The GB's primary job is to keep JWs from actually sharing amongst themselves, without a shred of a threat of retaliation, what they actually think individually. The GB's primary job is to keep JWs from comparing notes on how their common sense and human decency naturally react to various insults and offences, aganst common sense and human decency, that are intrinsic and non-negotiable to staying in the GB's graces. If honest communication were permitted between individuals, repeatedly, and with iteration to new individuals, collective common sense and human decency would find the rat. Money.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

The "accept it or screw you" attitude that is prevelant and somehow I'm a horrible person just because I don't believe their crap.

• rebel8
    rebel8

For living a life in joyful service as the chosen few of a happy god, it sure is the most depressing time in my life I've ever had.

For worshipping a god who loves all his creation, it sure is the most misogynistic, racist, homophobic, anti-medical care group I've ever belonged to.

For a group with no clergy, it sure is the most hierarchic organization I've ever belonged to.

• losingit
    losingit

Right on rebel8!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit