What is it about the Jehovah Witnesses that disturb you most.

by Narcissistic Supply 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome, Wakingup60!

• 5go
    5go

The more I talk with my Therapist about my life as a JW the more I see her gasp in shock. I would say that is the most disturbing part. She has probally dealt with war vets yet my stories still shock her.

• Bebopin
    Bebopin

The fact the jdubs except whatever they are told the 8 douches in new york as 100% truth.

Also the way elders are treated like celebrities in some kingdum halls.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

The passive-agressive supression of creative thinking, and general unwillingness to honestly consider any evidence of serious error.-- That is exactly my JW sister "passive agressive" hatred toward others. She always acts so empathetic toward "worldly" people who have problems, but because I no longer believe in her religion-- she treats me like garbage and didn't have the courtesy to call me when my father was dying. In fact she did her best to hide that from me and my other sister. I would call that very unchristlike!!! Thank goodness I had seen my dad 2 days before he died. She knew my dad was being put on hospice care and her and my non JW brother purposefully didn't call me and my other sister because they don't like us. I couldn't believe it. I am trying not to hate her guts but she makes it really difficult. Then at my dad's funeral my husband touched her arm and said "I'm so&so" and she angrily yanked her arm away and said "So I've gathered!" in an extremely rude manner-- my husband couldn't believe that she would act that way at her father's funeral. She did that because he is with me. Not a very good "witness" behavior. She had driven about 6 hours away to go to the funeral and then left right after, heaven forbid she eat food with non JW relatives-- what f***** weird behavior. I know she acted like that to my husband because we were living "in sin" at the time. My sister told me back in 2007 (about the last conversation I have had with her) that the reason she would be willing to talk to me on and off again over the years is because 'of my lifestyle'. When I pressed her for details, I found out the only times she would talk to me is when I was married (I have had a couple of husbands), whenever I wasn't married-- she wouldn't talk to me or have anything to do with me EVEN IF I WASN'T IN A RELATIONSHIP WITH ANYONE-- really bizarre behavior if you ask me. That religion SUCKS!!!

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Rebel8-- you hit the nail on the head. I was extremely depressed when I was a JDumb. I remember how relieved I was of stress, severe feelings of guilt, and constantly worrying about not making it to the Big A. I suffered from terrible nightmares about demons & Armageddon which magically stopped when I left & didn't have to listen to that crap anymore. I learned it was ok to feel joy and happiness and have fun. Also-- the gossip, the backstabbing, the judgemental attitude even toward supposedly good Jdumbs, was so hypocritical & sickening. And then there was the clickiness that made me want to upchuck. They don't want you to be around 'worldly' people, but they would pretty much discourage any type of social get togethers. Since I didn't have a Jdumb family I was always left out of the social circles.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Dog is god = hey I can totally understand where you are coming from. I have just recently stopped going to the meetings. I had been going to the meetings for just under 40 years and have a long family history with the religion. Despite this only one person could be bothered to pick up the phone and talk with me. In some ways I am great full because it has made my exit easier, as I have decided that the policies and procedures of this religion I can no longer support. But on the other hand I'm quite hurt that after all this time that I loyally went, following to the letter of the F&DS only one person was concerned enough to say "hi how are you." Telling I think of such a loving organisation.

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

The way they unquestioning treat God and the orgnaization as almost one and the same.

I asked my wife what the talk was at the KH the other night. After much prompting to get a response she said 'Jeremiah'. Me 'What was the lesson from Jeremiah?' Her 'He was a good example of showing loyalty to Jehovah.' Me 'And what happens to those who don't show loyatly to Jehovah, bad things right?' her 'Yes.' Adn when you think of Jehovah you also think of his organization so being loyal to Jehovah means being loyal to his organization.' Her 'Of course!' said in the tone of someone stting the bleeding obvious to a blithering idiot.

So what gets me is how the WBTS has so successfully got Witnesses to treat them as if they were God and then manipulate the Bible to get their unquestioning loyalty and obedience. and the poor Witnesses never realize the chicken and egg problem - that is in order to give the organization this status you have to be convinced they are who they say they are and this requires questioning thier claim. But those sneaky bastards bypassed this by getting the Witnesses to accept this claim without question ab initio by indoctrinating them from childhood. So I cannot succeed with the argument that before you give the organisation the same loyalty you give god you need to test the organization's claim to be the representative of God and the way to do this is to study the history of the organization. This is what drives me crazy.

• Dazeds Better Half
    Dazeds Better Half

I have today off. I am about to spend a wonderful guilt-free day with my children. I don't have to spend the day in service, telling my children not to do something or it will make Jehovah angry. That is something I love about not being in the organization. I feel so fortunate to be out so early in their childhood. :)

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Dazeds Enjoy your day off!

• Legacy
    Legacy

Hi,

They think they are the "Chosen Ones" Just like the Jews...Aren't they the ones that say, "God is not Partial", but JW's say, except'in us'ems..

Oh, did you know also, some of us are direct descendants of Jesus's extended family...yep, got the Birth Certificate right here to prove it...hold up, I'll show it to ya...it's a little dusty, it was found in a vessel ...ya know...

teeheeeeheeee, I made my own self laugh...

Be Well,

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit