Went to July 15 WT Study at Governing Body Member's Hall

by breakfast of champions 40 Replies latest members private

• 88JM
    88JM

He's probably thinking: "I can't believe these suckers are buying it - we gotta make up some more of this crap!"

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Interesting thoughts Ann, the Cognitive Dissonance of a GB member must be HUGE .

An elderly member who used to be in N.Y Bethel years ago, now passed away, told me "You want to hear the rows they have in that room" referring to where the GB meet, he had heard the raised voices as he passed the room, it troubled him as Holy Spirit seemed lacking.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

88JM - That too! Was he quietly chuckling to himself? Was there any contempt for the poor saps who hang on his and his pals' every word?

You cannot have that much power over people's beliefs - pulling their strings in whichever direction you dictate, watching them dance - and not be fully aware of the game you're playing.

• Splash
    Splash

I'm wondering why he wasn't taking the WT, something as important as this.

He could explain how the Holy Spirit revealed such things to them.

Splash

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions
    If he meant individually that they would be guaranteed survival. . .

That is exactly what he implied. Since each and every member of the remnant would be protected by being taken to heaven, each and every member on earth would be protected, as if there were an invisible force field around every JW; not just the survival of the group as an entity. That's how my wife and I interpreted it.

My wife was really taken aback by this comment.

I've been priming her for this study for months and she really just didn't want to accept it. As she studied her WT this weekend, she kept muttering "This doesn't make any sense"

This experience was like getting a cup of ice cold water splashed in her face.

I think hearing the bullshit straight from top might have been a turning point for her!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

BOC: Yes, it's official: we believe in the Rapture!

Here are a couple of other threads discussing this:

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The 8 popes of Brooklyn have reached rock star status among JW's. Has anyone else noticed that each new 'generation' of GB guys gradually phases out nearly all the doctrinal teaching from the former GB? They seem anxious to present 'new lite' either to keep the r and f stirred up and buzzing, suchas the 7/15/13 wt,or is it to get rid of teachings that have expired of are just plain silly. Each new GB 'generation' seems to distance itself from the former wacko's.

I know that if I were on the GB, I sure would be embarrassed to present some of Rutherford's and Fanatical Freddy's stuff as ligit.

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

I know that if I were on the GB, I sure would be embarrassed to present some of Rutherford's and Fanatical Freddy's stuff as ligit.

thing is, is that the pure wacko-ness of the Rutherford/Knorr-Franz decades is what made JWs so distinctively weird, and hence appealing (or at least interesting) in an oddball way.

No longer. It's all just so sad and stale and suffocating and oppressive anymore. No wonder they're just freaking DYING for armageddon to kick off, as much as they ever have. Save them from their own misery.

• Mary
    Mary
    He said (again in accord with the chart on pages 4-5) that 'right before Armageddon, all of the Anointed remnant on Earth would be taken all at once to heaven, but those left on Earth would be guaranteed survival through Armageddon.'

Wait a minute----didn't these turkeys always teach that any annointed who were still alive at the Big A would live through Armageddon, eventually die and then receive their just rewards? Is this noo and improved light??

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Yes, Mary, I believe so. As I pointed out to a Witness just today, "I never understood that, because once we're in the new system, we'll live forever, so how would the anointed left on earth ever die?" She simply responded that we won't be totally perfect until the end of the 1000 years (as we all know, that's written clearly in the Bible in Revelation chapter 23 ;-). So, um, the anointed were supposed to die because their fleshly bodies wouldn't be totally perfect yet? That made no sense. Compared to that, this new rapture approach is more logical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit