Went to July 15 WT Study at Governing Body Member's Hall

by breakfast of champions 40 Replies latest members private

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

I just realized I have been lying to others when I was asked if JWs believed in the rapture. I always answered no. I can't quite believe they believe this.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I heard it mentioned at the memorial this year, incidentally the last meeting I attended after my short fade. I remember thinking, "WHAT THE!?" and saying to my husband, "OMG they're teaching the Rapture!" I bet they'll never call it by that though, just as they never call themselves a church.

• haboob48
    haboob48

Well, it does look like a new bible is in order then since they have left Luke 17:36 out of the NWT and many others. And then any other scriptures to back that up about the rapture. I would have to say they are in "panic mode" right now. It seems to me, and it is just my opinion, All the scriptures they have left out of the NWT, may have some relevance.... NOW!

hb48

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Love this post BOC. You have a PM.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Had a hell of a time trying to read and reply to your PMs, but they should all be there!

JULIA ORWELL - you nailed it! They will NEVER come clean and call it what it is: IT'S THE RAPTURE! I'm sure they'll invent some "theocratic" euphemism for it.

Also, he does seem quite approachable to cong members, just like anyone else.

Actually, he's a bit like a "weak" publisher: he is rarely seen at meetings, and is NEVER seen in field service!

Visitors, however, treat him like a celebrity: pose for pics, etc.

• Splash
    Splash

Seeing as they are all "caught up to heaven", how about calling it the Capture?

Splash

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

SPLASH - I like it!

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

That sounds like David Splane to me...

• 88JM
    88JM

Interesting that he should say that those left would be "guaranteed survival through Armageddon." If he meant individually that they would be guaranteed survival, that's not what the Watchtower actually said:

"Jehovah’s people, as a group, will come out of the great tribulation." - paragraph 9

Even more interesting, as one of the older brother's in the congregation here had a debate with an elder after the study on that very point.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

I'm curious too. Could you PM me, BOC, when you get a minute?

How surreal yet gratifying it must be to sit there while your and your buddies' ideas are being pored over and swallowed whole by everyone in your KH, and not just in your KH but every KH around the world. Wow.

What would he be thinking while sitting there? Would his mind flash back to the GB table all those months (years?) ago, to any disagreements or concerns in thrashing out these changes? Would he be feeling supremely self-satisfied that the changes he favored got voted in? Would a sense of power be washing over him? Would his ego be swelling to gargantuan proportions? Or, alternatively, a little uncomfortable that this got voted through despite his protestations and he's forced to keep a united front? Hmm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit