Went to July 15 WT Study at Governing Body Member's Hall

by breakfast of champions 40 Replies latest members private

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Here are some comments you DEFINITELY did not hear at your WT study!

Yes, Yours Truly, BOC, had the High Honor and Distinct Privilege of attending the Sunday Watchtower study at GB member _________'s hall.

Overall, the congregation seemed pretty well prepared; in other words, they managed to regurgitate the study back to the conductor fairly smoothly, and without incident.

Of interest, though, to me (and I am sure to you folks as well), are the comments issuing forth from "the horse's mouth" itself. . .

(For all intents and purposes, _________ also basically regurgitated the words of the study article; but it was kind of interesting what he chose to comment on.)

_________ first commented on paragraph 6, emphasizing that we have 'been in the last days for some time' but that we are all 'watching the news' and just waiting for the UN to kick off its attack on religion, thus commencing the GT. He directed the congregation's attention to the chart on pages 4-5. Got the impression he was playing off the "fear factor" of this year's last DC drama.

His next comment was on paragraph 9, which to me was the most interesting.

He said (again in accord with the chart on pages 4-5) that 'right before Armageddon, all of the Anointed remnant on Earth would be taken all at once to heaven, but those left on Earth would be guaranteed survival through Armageddon.' Basically, the sentiment was, "We're outta here, but don't worry: you're guaranteed deliverance through absolute hell on earth!" Yes, it's official: we believe in the Rapture!

His last comment was in the "review" portion of the section, "How does the parable of the sheep and the goats affect our view of the preaching work?" A pretty vanilla comment, basically that there was still time to reach these "sheeplike" ones.

Soooo, that's all I have to report from the frontlines of Complete and Utter Nonsense,

BOC

PS: I originally included the name the the GB member in my "mini report", but for the sake of (my) anonymity deleted it. If you really must know which of the eight it is, feel free to PM me.

• designs
    designs

Nice work

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

That is awesomely cool, Breakfast. lol

And yes I will PM you.

I cannot imagine if I was in a congo with one of the GB member's. I would have thought, (when I was in) his ca-ca doesn't stink. lol

I would have felt a special (imagined) holiness on my Congo because He was in it. lol

Then you say he mostly regurgitates, what everyone else does... Just read the answer from the paragraph. lol

Just Lois

• clarity
    clarity

HHmmmmmmmmmm.......was it old rubber face?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

He is steeped in wishful thinking even imageing that the Scipture predicts he'll be off to his great reward in the sky before all hell breaks loose, but the Gread Crowd will have to stick out God's fury, but not to worry we have it scripted out for most of the Great Crowd to survive somehow through it all. So stay loyal to God's mighty earthly Organization by listening, and obeying the GB forever and always. Hail the Corporation!

• Quarterback
    Quarterback

That's interesting, BOC.

You're right, the GB do beleive in a rapture.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow, I'm actually kind of jealous. It would at least make the meetings more interesting for me if I had a GB member in my congregation. Also, I could have asked him what the hell paragraph 11 meant.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

I would ask Gov Body Man how he is enjoying the BILLION dollar real estate windfall....and what is he going to do now that he's won the super bowl...

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Yep i'm watching the news too. So far no breaking stories concerning UN troops marching into Vatican City and blowing the whole place to bits, but yeah it could happen! Sure!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Having a GB pope in the cong- do people fawn over him? Is he approachable or surrounded by lackeys? I'd be interested to know how he interacts with his followers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit