Who is your favorite "Apostate"? Who helped you see the truth about "The Truth"?

by minimus 111 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Barb Anderson, Ray Franz, and Candace Conti*.

*Yes, I know Candace was never baptized, so technically, she's not an XJW (a.k.a. an "apostate"), but when she was still in, she considered herself an unbaptized JW, so IMO, it's splitting hairs, especially when you factor in the way Rick Simons described the distinct lack of respect the WTS lawyers displayed towards her.

EDIT: Just perused the thread; no love for me, here; awww...

• Terry
    Terry

Nathan:

Terry, when did we see you naked and not clothe ye?

A fresh new shirt will be sent to you.

SANTA!!

Thanks, I've been a good boy.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

"SANTA!!"

Jeepers Crisp, I keep telling you people... it's NATAS!

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

TD:

Technically, 'Leolaia' is not an apostate, as she was never a baptized JW.

Technically, every JW who ever converted from a different belief system is an apostate. It's a stupid term. I ignore it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Nathan:

Terry, when did we see you naked and not clothe ye?

Terry:

Thanks, I've been a good boy.

If you've been running around naked in public, you probably haven't been as good as you could have.

• TD
    TD
    Technically, every JW who ever converted from a different belief system is an apostate. It's a stupid term. I ignore it.

Ya, but it can make a huge difference with JW's, especially JW family. (Or at least it used to....)

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

TD:

Ya, but it can make a huge difference with JW's, especially JW family.

Well, yeah. But when you're talking about an essentially anonymous online forum poster, the zealous (='suspicious') JW is just as likely to assume that the 'evil apostate' is lying about never having been a JW anyway.

• adamah
    adamah

Technically, 'Leolaia' is not an apostate, as she was never a baptized JW.

One needn't have ever been a baptized JW to be labelled as an apostate, and shunned by JW family members. All the person has to do is speak out publicly against the JWs and their policies, and if the JW family members find out about the person's activities, it's likely the person will be shunned. They don't give anyone a free ride when it comes to tolerating criticism of their "Mother".

If I recall correctly, Leolaia's mom was already out of the JWs, and her posting activity wasn't an issue (and I don't think there were other JW family members involved).

Adam

• TD
    TD
    But when you're talking about an essentially anonymous online forum poster, the zealous (='suspicious') JW is just as likely to assume that the 'evil apostate' is lying about never having been a JW anyway.

Yes. That's been said about me repeatedly. --Probably why the distinction strikes me as more substantial than it strikes others.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

For me the book Diane Wilson wrote was the first book I read and it opened my eyes to the treatment of women, then I read one of David Reeds books . I still felt I was missing something so I went on Amazon and everyone was talking about Ray Franz so I bought that and read it and my husband willing read it. We then read a number of other books and then we found all of the wonderful websites such as Freeminds, JWfacts, JWnet, and a few others. I am very thankful that there is a wealth of knowledge out there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit