Who is your favorite "Apostate"? Who helped you see the truth about "The Truth"?

by minimus 111 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

My favourite posters would probably be AnnOMaly and Leolaia.

I can't say I like 'scholar', but he's probably also (inadvertently) done a great deal to help people learn "the truth about the Truth".

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

2+2=5

Larsinger58. The memories.

Memories I'd rather repress.

• tornapart
    tornapart

For me it's got to be Ray Franz.. without his books I'd still be an asleep JW...

• happy@last
    happy@last

It was me that made me leave, I worked it out for myself.

My order of contact with 'apostates' was Ray Franz, then Bill Bowen via Silentlambs, then Cedars via JWSurvey and then I found you all here.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Carl Olof Jonsson (not sure if I spelled that correctly)...

Anyway, the only thing that was keeping me in was that the Watchtower got 1914 right...

Once I read Carl's book, I was outta there...

(I then read CoC and ISCF, but I was already convinced by Carl's book)

• Terry
    Terry

What worked for me when reading Crisis of Conscience was the emotional tone throughout the book.

You could "feel" the calm, kind-hearted and fair quality in author Ray Franz himself.

Almost all "apostate" writers slip over into histrionic teeth-gnashing once they get wound up. But, never Ray Franz.

I can't help but think almost any JW still in Organization would find it very difficult to get offended reading Franz's books.

Leoleia is brilliant-I have to sit down and keep a cold compress handy when I slog through her densely worded paragraphs so that

my feeble brain can begin to unpack it for rich nutrition.

Randy Watters has one of the most admirable ministries out there working with hurt JW's. This guy has a heart as deep as Einstein's swimming pool.

He's the energizer bunny who never stops wielding his sword of Truth.

Jan Haugland opened my eyes to how good research can yield hidden gems that tie up disparate elements into "aha!" moments of lucidity.

Barbara Anderson is indefatigable and worn down to the bone helping vast numbers of damaged people figure out "what next."

Marvin Shilmer's blog has a surgical sharpness in presentation because he has honed it to haiku-astuteness.

Nathan Natas created my favorite T-shirt which I've worn to tissue-thiness:Graduate of EXJW UNIVERSITY class of 1914 (in my photo I'm wearing it.)

And the list goes on and on because so many of us on JW-n have unique talents, insights and gifts of caring, writing, analysis and ministry.

We owe them all deep debt of profound gratitude.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It is the self-centeredness of the organization that did it or me and also the cult following mentality of the people.

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

Randy watters will always be my hero even despite our personal fallings out.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Terry, when did we see you naked and not clothe ye?

A fresh new shirt will be sent to you.

• TD
    TD

Technically, 'Leolaia' is not an apostate, as she was never a baptized JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit