Who is your favorite "Apostate"? Who helped you see the truth about "The Truth"?

by minimus 111 Replies latest jw friends

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Me. I can honestly say me. It took to long but I got myself most the way here, the rest of this ttatt was just locking the door I closed 
  • Samaritan At the Well
    Samaritan At the Well
    Barbara Anderson for me then Ray Franz. Honorary mention to Blondie, Randy and Simon.  
  • OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    Paul Grundy (jwfacts) is the one that I owe my awakening to.  Can't overstate how much I appreciate his clear fact-based approach.
  • Blackfalcon98
    Blackfalcon98

A long list of people: Simon (creator of this forun), Stuckinarut2, OntheWayOut, Hoser, Billytheexbethelite, feed the doubts....and then I read Ray Franz! 

Honorable mentions: Brock Talon (Journey to God's House), AwakenAtGilead, Steven Hassan

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I didn't see an answer in here from me a year ago, so here it is.  The internet helped me more than anything.  

Randy at Freeminds was my biggest find on all things about Watchtower and steered me to this forum with a thing called Talk Soup.  JWFACTS was my other biggest find that helped me with doctrinal facts.

I was clearly "on the way out" from just that.  From Freeminds and JWD, I found CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE and COMBATTING CULT MIND CONTROL and Barbara Anderson and a host of ex-JW's.  

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    Some mentioned John Ankerberg and Walter Martin.  I met John 28 years ago. I didn't agree with him because he promotes Baptistism and the trinity.   I'm still against Christendom and these Bible debates and ping pong.  I don't see how that can help someone see the truth about the truth, that just promotes arguments about scripture and drives one more towards JWs because Baptists twists scripture more.
  • ToesUp
    ToesUp

We initially left due to the lack of love & hypocrisy.

Once we read COC by Ray Franz then we learned TTATT.

Once you learn TTATT you can never go back! It's a dear breaker! 

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

It was Posters on this Site that first introduced me to TTATT. They urged me to read COC, which was the confirmation I had been searching for that my decision to leave was 100% right.

So, my thanks to Ray Franz, R.I.P.

And a HUGE thank you to Simon and Angharad and others for this site, it not only gave me TTATT, but the necessary support and guidance through the difficult early stages of leaving.

Thank you all.

• Stirred
    Stirred

Ultimately it was Ray Franz's book that helped me make my mind up that there indeed were problems all the way to the top. 

I Read COC but can't seem to get through ISOCF with all the changes and fires I am now managing in my still-awakening and mid-fade plans. Initially though, I stumbled on e-watchman and his original Paradise Cafe where I learned about UN. It made a huge dent and impression but spouse and elder friends tried to reason me back in and I decided to stick it out and try harder while family was dealing with health crisis. I needed faith and friends and with all the crises, I put my trust in J and head down to submit to my spiritual headship as a dutiful wife, sister, etc....it lasted many years...

When lack of love and hypocrisy became truly attacking and damaging to my family, despite doing all I could with balancing service, work, family, I turned to Internet again and found an abundance of shocking info that I previously would not dare to read. JWSurvey, JWfacts and this site also helped....Barbara Anderson, Silent Lambs. It all helps/ed but, at times, it can be overwhelming when compounded with confusion, anger, regret, shame, friends, family, kids, spouse.  Breathing and working my way through what seems like a grieving cycle but  not exactly.  

I am Implementing positive healing, seeking contentment in my authenticity, and restructuring my self-esteem.  I find theses topics vital and lacking on all these sites. It is a bit too much negative and depressing sometimes, thus I am working on a better plan to incorporate healthy, upbuilding habits and treatments.

peace

• minimus
    minimus
    We can all help people to see tte truth about the truth. If we act like wacko extremists, we alienate people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit