Who is your favorite "Apostate"? Who helped you see the truth about "The Truth"?

by minimus 111 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

I don't have a favourite 'apostate', and I don't identify with JW pejoratives.

I helped myself to see the truth about JW doctrines.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

For me, it was the WTS itself. I was sitting in a meeting and all of a sudden it was so clear that they had indeed strayed from the 'truth'. I could not in good conscience sit there and say nothing - so I up and left. Well... I walked out of the Hall. A walk-away believer. Waited 13 years for them to change their ways and make their way back to Jehovah.

I found JWN and stopped waiting for them. It was *never* going to happen. They would never be 'the truth' ever again. They never were 'the truth'.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Oh, and 'favorite' apostate...? That would be multiple people. Simon, Dave Malone (Seven006), Blondie, RandyWaters, Farkel. Ray Franz, too.

There's obviously others, but those were the most influential when I first found this site and started sorting things out for myself.

-Aude.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is nice to read that jwfacts.com has been of help for some of you.

I worked out the Watchtower was not the truth through independant research, but got stuck with what to do next, and spent a lot of time in that state. The first site I came across that helped with the next steps was a site by Timothy Campbell called BeyondJW. Sadly it does not exist anymore, as I remember being overwhelmed with gratitude as I read through the site. I have copied some of the articles and posted them at jwfacts.com.

What Now? Now What?

Hard to Change

To Whom Shall We Go?

From there I found jehovahs-witness.com and then Franz's books.

Leolaia has been inspirational, as was Narkissos

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

When I first came to this site I wondered how everyone seemed to know so much inside info. Then I read CoC and realized it all came from Ray.

Also a huge reason I kept coming back here was for the humor. People like Outlaw, Farkel, Sacolton, etc.

I'd say the person who influenced me the most to go from believer to atheist was LeavingWT. He always challenged my thinking and I appreciate that now.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Real life experience taught me TTATT in the early 90`s and it wasnt until I started using the internet that I realised just how wrong they were.

Randy Watters free minds site was one of the first I discovered which eventually led me here.Don Camerons "Captives Of A Concept" put the nail in the coffin once and for all as has many contributors on this board with their knowledge and experience.I thank you one and all.

smiddy

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

A CO told me about the "586" apostasy. He was a good person, but obviously didn't realize how he got me thinking. Several years later I saw in an encyclopedia (yeah - a book with a cover and pages and stuff) that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586/587 NOT 607. Studied that and the obvious happened - No 607 = no 1914 = no FDS = What the hell are we doing? found this site shortly thereafter and had constant support from everyone here. JW Facts, Leolaia gave me things the way I like - lots of facts,quotes,etc.. but seriously every quote I read here built my strength. Thanks All.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

JWFACTS, by far. Pm for you, btw..

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

"The real Jesus" is not a totally silly answer from Fernando, Farkel. We are talking here about our favourite Apostate from the WT.

What we can perceive of the "real" Jesus from the Gospels etc certainly makes him be as far apart form the WT as it is possible to be.

Still, a strange choice, he is a wholly fictional figure.

Mine I guess would be dear old Ray too. After reading his two Tomes I sent him an e-mail simply to express my extreme gratitiude. Knowing he was not in the best of health I requested that he not bother to reply.

Even so , he found the time, and the love, to reply, and to give me sound advice on how to proceed with my life, what a lovely man.

After that, I read extensively on JWD as it was then, reading many old posts from the sites inception, so there are too many really awesome posters to mention. And I really mean AWESOME, they made my jaw drop with their reasoning power, their erudition, and their kindness in spending the time to post.

Thank you Simon, and all who contribute here, but thank you Ray Franz, who made me sure of my decision to walk away in just one book, Crisis of Conscience. Not only did he make my decision solid, he dignified it, by showing that it was based upon my right conscience.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Larsinger58. The memories.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit