Who is your favorite "Apostate"? Who helped you see the truth about "The Truth"?

by minimus 111 Replies latest jw friends

• TD
    TD

I figured out TTATT in high school, but lots of people I've run across expressed things far better than I ever could:

Alan Feuerbacher

'Leolaia'

Jan Haugland

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

It has to be John Cedars: the Man, the Myth, the Legend. In his own mind.

zed

• bigmac
    bigmac

satan.

wasnt he the 1st apostate--? still around i hear--all part of gods great plan. lol

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

GODZILLA. The REAL Godzilla, not the one in the movies.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. I love it when normal people have imaginary friends. Did you know Godzilla has a French accent? He does!

(I fully expect to be denounced for not "respecting" other people's mental delusions and imaginary friends. If your imaginary friend is so powerful, let HIM (or HER, or IT) defend him-her-itself. Stand mute and behold the glory of thy god.

I also understand why lots of people are big fans of Ray Franz. Ray Franz was a good guy, but face it: he was no Godzilla. Ray had NO effect whatsovever on me, because I tunnelled out of the WT Stalag YEARS before Ray did. Two of my heros are Barbara Grazuitti Harrison, who I had an opportunity to speak with and thank before her death, and Tony Wills, with whom I colaborated in re-publishing his book, "A People For His Name: A History of Jehovah's Witnesses and An Evaluation."

I have also been greatly helped by the notorious apostate known as Farkel, and other, equally notorious apostates like Richard Rawe, Leolaia, Rick & Inez Fearon, Barb Anderson, Bill Bowen, Danny Haszard, Don Cameron (who pointed me to LuLu), Terry Walstrom, Moshe, Alanf, Jan Haugland. The "secret apostate, "Agent Six", has always been a great supprt. Of course most of this would not have happened if not for our host, Simon Green (Lantern).

I believe in SuperHeros, and I believe that mortal men can become SuperHeros if they choose to. Some may be SuperHeros for only a brief time, like The Incredible Hulk, others once transformed remain so forever, like Ben Grimm.

It is a pleasure to see the ranks of the Notorious Apostates swelling. Many nascent SuperHeros post here. We even have the occasional SuperZero show up to provide tragi-comic relief. I'm thinking of the man who was a tree, yet is not a tree, yet will be a tree.

If I have overlooked anyone , it is only because my memory has holes in it.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

me, but i'm not an apostate.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

It's a tie: Paul Grundy of jwfacts.com and Frank Kavelin aka DNCall

• nugget
    nugget

Cantleave who started our exit, Ray Franz whose book lifted the scales from my eyes, this board who questioned my assumptions and therefore Simon without whom it would never have existed.

I would like to thank all the posters who encouraged us, supported us and took an interest in our exit.

The power of the ex jw community, it's support and warmth should never be under estimated.

• never a jw
    never a jw

Carl Olof Jonsson far and away. What a phenomenal job he did with the Gentile Times Reconsidered. I believe he was a factor in awakening Ray Franz and many others in the early eighties. Let's give credit where credit is due. I thanked him, not just for teaching me TTATT, but also for getting me interested in the Bible (as a historical or literary document), Astronomy, Archaelogy and Ancient History. Thank you COJ

• Farkel
    Farkel

Fernando,

You wrote:

:Jesus. The real Jesus.

So the REAL Jesus is your favorite apostate?

Strange.

Farkel

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I don't have a favourite 'apostate' - I don't believe that term can be used for people who leave this shake 'n' bake religion- but since I found this forum first, and had no knowledge of anyone who had left the Witnesses, I would have to say... Leolaia. No explanation needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit