Young man walks out of Glasgow convention and commits suicide

by jambon1 92 Replies latest jw friends

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Cofty what do you think made the difference between those two sensations? Did it progress from one to the other, or was it mixed up chronologically and more complicated than that?

I wonder how the first poster knew it was a Witness?

At a meeting of a more honest minded and humane group of believers, you might expect such a tragic incident involving someone who was present to be ackowledged and regretted from the platform. But not in God's organisation. It wouldn't create the right impression would it? Better just to Hush it up.

• Dagney
    Dagney

So is it confirmed it was a JW? :(

• cofty
    cofty

SBF - I have been thinking about it and it was mixed I'm not sure I understand it.

I wonder if anybody really feels secure in the borg no matter how much you appear to be at the centre of it all.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

That is true - even the GB know if they step out of line they are booted out, like Ray Franz.

• cantleave
    cantleave
    I wonder if anybody really feels secure in the borg no matter how much you appear to be at the centre of it all.

Great question, I think most people feel they are not good enough, I certainly never felt I made the grade. But I faked it, and did what was expected of me.

• cofty
    cofty

I wonder if it is the strain of subconsciously supressing our fears and doubts in the intense atmosphere of a convention.

Jambon can you tell us any more about how you know for sure it was a JW?

• steve2
    steve2

I may have missed something in earlier posts on this thread, but what is the basis for stating the young man had been at the convention?

• caliber
    caliber

I wonder if Jambon can tell us any more about how he knows for sure it was a JW?

He had calloused knuckles on his right hand... indisputable proof ......even cofty sound

• Dagney
    Dagney

sbf - "At a meeting of a more honest minded and humane group of believers, you might expect such a tragic incident involving someone who was present to be ackowledged and regretted from the platform. But not in God's organisation. It wouldn't create the right impression would it? Better just to Hush it up." (Not sure where the formatting tools went...)

True that. JW's are really bad at suicide...it is always something wrong with the individual and "the new system" (TM) will fix it all...let's go eat!

If you ever get to read Makena's story of his daughter's suicide, do it. The only possible good thing to come of it is an elder, a reg pioneer, Sabine, and son left the organization. JW's as a whole have a disconnect with humanity. They are not sympathetic or emphathetic in the least because the corporation isn't in the very least. The corporation only takes, it never gives. So its followers end up doing the same even though they think putting in time and going to meetings is 'giving.'

(What's with the replies not formatting? And I couldn't post from my iPad this weekend either.) Edited to insert paragraphs that were formerly there.

• Liveandlearn
    Liveandlearn

I could do the same, walk around the convention talking to people but never feeling part of their lives. now being out its because friendship depends on you living up to THIER standards. nonJW friends are there for you no matter hpw many times you f**k up or even if you're doing things that they don't agree with. friends in the organisation are only friends if you're at the meetings, underlining your wt, answering up, reading the bible, out knocking, being perfect..... hell, i had friends who wouldn't speak to me because they didn't agree with my car choice. it's all about them, god forbit you stumble someone by wearing a brightly coloured shirt and tie or skirt just over the knee

i'll never forget how lonely i felt at conventions especially as a teen newly baptised.i didn't feel warmth until i realised that nonJWs will look out for you no matter what

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit