Young man walks out of Glasgow convention and commits suicide

by jambon1 92 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hey Malc, I would very much doubt it is him. He was just studying and was was about to start Uni, he seemed pretty balanced from his posts on there.

• 88JM
    88JM

Wow - I was at the Glasgow convention (still fading) - very sad to hear this.

Does anybody know who it was? PM me if so.

• brainmelt
    brainmelt

Thats so awful. I do remember reading something on my Twitter feed that day about train lines being closed in the area due to someone being on the lines, I've had a quick google but can only find an article about the train lines being disrupted, no more info other than that. Terribly sad :(

• besty
    besty

http://www.scotsman.com/news/transport/person-hit-by-train-causes-glasgow-disruption-1-3069773

TRAIN services in central Glasgow have been severely affected after an individual was struck by a train between two major suburban stations. 31/08/2013

Scotrail confirmed that a train had struck an individual on the line between Partick and the Exhibition Centre stop used by passengers alighting for the Glasgow SECC and Clyde Auditorium.

On their website, the train operator said: “It is not known how long this disruption will continue. Attempts will be made to arrange alternative road transport, and passengers can use alternative First bus services in the Glasgow area.”

Details of the individual and their injuries have not been confirmed.

• snapdragon4
    snapdragon4

The talk "Beware of Apostates" commenced at 11.10am and finished at 11.40am on Saturday 31st August. The Scotsman newsflash is timed and dated at 12.24pm on the same day. Coincidence?

• besty
    besty

Scotrail tweeted this update at 11.32am

https://twitter.com/ScotRail/status/373755259564204032

The section of track mentioned is right outside the convention venue :-(

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

Heartbreaking news

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That is so sad. Another precious life destroyed by the bloodguilty cult known as Jehovah's Witnesses. May the young man rest in peace.

• zakharijah
    zakharijah

My sister had panic attacks during the convention in Glasgow last week end. On Sunday, she just suddenly disappeared, and my brother in law spent the rest of the convention trying to find her. When he finally found her she was very upset and anxious and she was trying to find a place to lie down...
    Yesterday morning she started having hallucinations and her GP (doctor) put her into a psychiatric hospital. She was perfectly fine before the convention.... (although she does have a history of depression)
    What on earth happened at this convention???

• 88JM
    88JM

The convention itself was by far the most boring ever. Very sad if someone was affected by it to that extent - quite shocking to think that the person probably walked right past me as I was on the concourse around that time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit