If you don't believe in God where do you get the strength to cope?

by Miss.Fit 151 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Yay! It is MissFit! It is good to hear from you. You are going to be 51 years young in Oct? That's fantastic! Happy to hear from you, anytime. Just Lois PS I sent you a PM

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Glad you made the appointment. Let us know how it goes, OK?

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

No one here can tell you what to believe.

Atheists tend to be more vocal and adamant than people

who retain a personal world view that is not atheistic but may

not be connected to any particular group. Most evangelists of this

board seem to be atheist evangelists. Ignore the opinion of others.

You have been held in the grips of the Borg who demands uniformity

on punishment of banishment or death. To doubt deeply held beliefs

feels like you are dying at first, and you are, "He who loses his life will

find it." That is what Jesus said. He was a non conformist.

If you mention God here you will be mocked. Mockery; is the

tool of children, they mock everything. See it for what it is;

Fear disguised as Power, Inertia disguised as Action,

lack of imagination disguised as intelligence.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Thank you village girl. I like how you have the self confidence to stand up for yourself.

I want your aditude. jws are used to letting people think for them. I have to kick that habbit.

I am dreading work and I am nervous about my appt.

I am so thinking about quitting. But I know I should probably wait before I make any big decisions.

Heres to an other day.

Missy

• JustMe2
    JustMe2

Just a few suggestions: If you can't get yourself to go for a walk, ask your husband or daughter to go with you. If necessary, tell them you need THEM to ask YOU. A little external motivation can be a big help. Do you have an old teddy bear or other stuffed animal that can comfort you when you feel down? If not, maybe you could get one. A lot of depressed adults find it's good to always have someone to hold onto, someone who'll always be there and "listen" sympathetically. Also, a soft throw or blanket is good to curl up under. Also, keep the Suicide Hotline number handy, if you should ever need a person to talk to, especially if you're feeling desperate. And know that lots of people here are caring about you and wanting to be of any help we can.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

Cope with what? My life has heck me infinitely better without Gawd.

But when rational, reasonable people go through tough times they rely on their friends. Believers unload their problems onto god, we rational people work through them with the people who love us. Humans don't need to rely on a god who doesn't do anything anyway. At least friends and loved ones can offer real help and comfort

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

dear missfit, You don't need man's description of what god is or who he is. You have that power, (call it god if you want) within you. Get your strength from inside yourself, you can do it and I know this because we all have it. Your daughter has that strength and she is already helping you by showing her concern. She needs you and wants you. You can do it! You can!!

• rebel8
    rebel8

You are having thoughts of death w/o a suicide plan. THIS is the time to get help. You may not need hospitalization yet. Shock treatments are voluntary in the US and they are utilized infrequently. Behavioral healthcare has come a LONG way in our generation. You have a serious medical problem that could be deadly soon if you don't get help. Get help now. Your condition is totally treatable. I would post a funny pic of a kitten but my image button is gone from the forum right now. (( ))

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

I followed through with my appt. She prescribed some meds.

She wants me in for a full physical next week. She also gave me a list of therapists in my area.

My day was better. I know I waited too long to go to the dr.

I have had dark thoughts before but that was the first time I actually started making plans in my mind.

Mys daughters kiss and hug pulled me out of myself. I realised I needed to reach out and you guys were there.

I started reading a book from one of your threads. The author was socompassionate in his introduction. I read the first 2 chapters.

Im saving the rest for the next time I need it.

I made through today. Youb are right a hug sure beats talking to thin air

Missy

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Be sure to go in for the physical.

I'm glad your doctor helped you. I remember when I first started feeling good after starting meds and starting to see a psychologist. I realized then that I had never in my entire life known how to feel happy. I was in my early 30s. Isn't that a pity? I'm so grateful I got out of the org., got some meds and started learning how to live authentically.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit