If you don't believe in God where do you get the strength to cope?

by Miss.Fit 151 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

MISSFIT- Keep the good work up girl ! Lots of hugs to you from Mrs. Flipper and myself. We are pulling for you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Thanks. Flipper that means a lot.

I m feeling not as overwhelmed as before but still a little numb.

The next few days will be hard. My boss from hellis coming back from vacation. He really stresses me out.

I am practicing thinking about the future.

Missy

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Thank you to everyone who encouraged me. I found out I can get strength and inspiration from you.

You guys are better than holy spirit. You answer back.

Missy

• jgnat
    jgnat

About finding the strength inside. Something I learned when I attempted meditation, is that the harder you try to chase down or erase a thought, the more it pops up. Chasing your thoughts around is like an endless game of whack-a-mole. Can't be done.

What works is the buddhist technique of mindfulness. Don't try and eliminate thoughts, pains or feelings. Recognize them, let them wash over you, and move on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6W31vHDjyng (Minduflness meditation, one hour. No obligation to run through the whole thing.)

Something else that helps is to be completely absorbed in an activity like a board game or hobby, where you are challenged just slightly above your skill level. While in this state of total absorbtion, you are energizing yourself without even thinking about it.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Thanks jgnat. I always appreciate your advice and comments. Hang in there with your hubby.

I hope he appreciates how lucky he is to have you.

Missy

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's a little twinkle in his eye that tells me he knows exactly what he's got!

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Drink 2 or 3 beer (s) a day. Every day. The brewers yeast feeds your nerves and soothes you. In time you will feel so much better! Love.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Jgnat: Good for you. Long live the twinkle.

Jeanette:my treat.lol

I prefer margaritas.

Missy

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Hello all.

Just wanted to let you know I'm feeling better about life.

I am taking a lot of your advise.

Thank you for taking the time to respond when I really needed it.

Missy

• jgnat
    jgnat

Happy dance!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit