If you don't believe in God where do you get the strength to cope?

by Miss.Fit 151 Replies latest jw friends

• adamah
    adamah

Missfit,

What you're going thru is not unique: as others have stated, you've had your entire support system and comforting world view yanked out from underneath your feet, and that's an incredibly uncomfortable situation. Your reaction to a loss of faith in your religion is just like any other loss, be it a loss of a loved one due to death, or a possession, or loss of a relationship (friendship, romantic via break-up, spouse via divorce). You're going to experience these feelings: it's perfectly natural and expected part of the grieving process (FIVE steps, although variable, and with cycling, backsliding, etc, are: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance).

Remember that even if you are only one of 7 billion people on the Planet who is alive right now, you have SPECIAL importance to those in YOUR life, EVEN IF THEY AREN'T ABLE TO REALIZE IT NOW, due to their emotions being hijacked by those who took over the cockpit of their minds for a foolish man-made theological purpose. Are you willing to put your family thru the pain of your suicide? If so, then they MAY not mean much to YOU, since suicide often can be a very self-centered act.

As the Beatles said, the love you make is the love you give, and in the end that's all that matters: building relationships with others, who ALSO will someday die. We're all basically just a bunch of fire-flies, here but for a short time. Don't make it any shorter than it need be.

And YES, the God concept IS "mad-made": that's EXACTLY what makes it so utterly worthless, destructive, and dangerous, in that there's SOLID EVIDENCE that belief in God(s) is simply mankind wishing them into being, to project their OWN image and power. Don't let the loss of an false image, something that never EVER WAS real, allow you to miss out on what IS real, the beautiful World around you that you've looked at, and haven't even yet learned to "see".

Adam

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Thanks for letting us know you are ok, love. You are so right you don't have anything left to give. Just look after yourself and don't think about tomorrow.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Darth Frosty: Star Wars gave you strength.lol. I guess some people use god to meditate on.....the force..god spirit.. maybe they are the same thing....but you have to have your convictions first.

I dont have any I can trust any more.

All: I am looking at my life and dont see much. I have been going through the motions. I think I was just a dead person walking.

I will make a appointment at least for medication. Maybe dr. Can recommend someone.

I am scaring myself.

Im glad there are not any sleeping pillsin the house. Im too tired to go to the lake.

Missy

• jgnat
    jgnat

You are showing signs of depression and you have thoughts of suicide. Your perceptions, grey right now, are a little off. Your life is more fun than your mind and body are letting on. This is temporary. Do you have a health plan that allows for a doctor's visit to talk about your depression? There are medications, that you would only have to take short term, that could help you pull out of your funk.

To answer your question, try:

Optimism revolution sends me a positive thought daily:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Optimism-Revolution/155904444501553?directed_target_id=0

Charter for compassion will do the same thing:

http://charterforcompassion.org/

• Comatose
    Comatose

I highly recommend meds. I use them currently. I don't think it's possible to get through this without some medication... I got the meds from my family doc. I just told him about me leaving the JWs and about losing everything. He got it and gave me anxiety pills you take as needed and some regular meds for depression as well. It was what I needed. Gave me the crutch to get past this.

Something else I did was to volunteer for a local cause. Joined a group of dedicated people and it's really a boost to know I'm doing something meaningful.

Please hang in there. Do try the meds. even though you are tired I'd like to encourage you to try volunteering. Do you have any local wildlife groups or animal shelters?

• cofty
    cofty

Hi Miss.Fit - Jgnat is right. In the short term you need to do the right things to make sure you get through this tough spot. Take the signs of contemplating suicide seriously and please seek help. You will look back and be so glad you are still around to enjoy better times ahead.

Your daughter will need you around for a very long time to come. When things seem bleak I remind myself that it is only temporary but if you have depression that will be difficult to believe right now. If possible please make an appointment to see your doctor, there is no shame in needing some help to get through depression.

There is another poster who was at her wits end a few months ago with a number of difficult problems and thoughts of ending it. She took steps to get help and posted recently about how things were going well now.

You are important Miss.Fit, you will be well again.

• steve2
    steve2

Good on you for holding on to life even though it is very hard for you. I like that it is concerns about your daughter that keeps you going. You have the potential to leave her a wonderful legacy as a parent who has been through difficult times - but found a way to got through those difficult times with sheer courage and determination. It can hard realizing the solution is within you - but it is also very affirming of your need to use all the personal qualities and strengths you can muster in the service of improving your life.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Whats really sad is I dont have anyone to lose in the jws. I went to the Sunday meeting with a friend.

She is elderly and has been feeling poorly. She is getting her affairs in order. She

Is having heart problems . We went in and I saw all these faces and realised no one really knows me...and I dont really know them.

The same at work.

Adam the only reason I am hanging on is for my kids and husband. I will try to see the beauty.

My nephew died almostva year ago. He was only 26. The only thing that got my sister through was the paradise hope.

But I know she is still devastated. I have tried reaching out to her. But i saw the devastation his death caused.

Jgnat. Thank you for the site. I needed that.

MISSY

• nugget
    nugget

When I was a witness I prayed when things got tough, praying helped me clarify my thoughts and identify the issues. Praying at the time meant that I had someone who would work with me to make things better and see me through. However I had to do all the work myself.

Nowadays if I need to clarify an issue I take the dog out for a walk and think things through. As a mum it is my job to keep things calm and defend the family, to be there for those I love and to be a point of stability regardless of what else is going on in their lives. Being the constant for others gives me strength, failure is not an option.

If you believe there is a solution you will find it.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

MissFit, You have a right to your feelings. You have only realized TTATT recently. That is traumatic enough. Couple that with your past abuse's, there is a whole lotta stuff, going on with you, NOT to be ignored, or laughed at. You ARE A SURVIVOR AND THRIVER. You have been soooo strong. Now your mind and body are rebelling, against ALL the injustices, and it is leaving you tired, weak and exhausted. Find ways to rest your mind and body. For myself... I need to recuperate also, so I understand. Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit