Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT false prophets

by SloppyJoe 60 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

marked

• scotoma
    scotoma

The fallacy committed by the Watchtower when it attempts to distinguish "FALSE EXPECTATIONS" from "FALSE PROPHECY" is called the fallacy of "Distinction Without a Difference" This fallacy usually appears when someone has been accused of something but in order to avoid embarrassment tries to make a convoluted distinction between two expressions that are virtually the same. Clinton did that when he claimed he didn't have sexual relations with Monica. He merely had her perform oral sex on him and he massaged her vagina with his cigar. A person is free to assign whatever definition they want to terms, but if the terms mean essentially the same thing they have made a distinction without a difference. So let's see how the Watchtower does this. They differentiate having "false expectations" from being a "false prophet". Now think about this. How likely is it that you could be a false prophet without having false expectations. Prophets whether true or false vocalize their expectations. Expectation: the act of looking forward to an event that is about to happen. How do we know that they had false expectations? They stated their expectations publicly in talks and in their journals and other publications. So what's the difference between a false expectation and a false prophesy. Horse and Carriage. They go together. If the world knows about your false expectations isn't it likely that you declared those expectations. Why would you do that if you thought there was a chance it might not happen. If you declare it you probably feel your expectations so strongly that you feel you will be vindicated as a "prophet". That makes a person a prophet and in this case a false prophet because the declared expectation proved to be false. Even if they didn't qualify their statements by saying "Jehovah has declared..." they have positioned themselves as being the only representative of Jehovah. If they are truly "discreet" you would expect them to confine their proclamations to truth.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Decades of human potential wasted isn't a big deal, those are the effects of "minor" changes.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Why have a talk on it? Deut 18 is very clear..... Make a prediction that didn't come true? ..... Guess what? False prophet...AND... Best to kill him.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Why have a talk on it?

Because 2014 is on the horizon and WT has to begin damage control now by rationalizing why Armageddon isn't here yet but how this fact doesn't nullify WT's 140 year old predictions.

No doubt many thinking JWs will realize that 1914, this "generation", Armageddon is coming "soon" and all the other empty promises WT has published are nothing more than the ramblings of a false prophet.

• Comatose
    Comatose

scotoma I saved this thread because of your comment. Great breakdown.

• Ultimate Axiom
    Ultimate Axiom

They may not like to admit they are false prophets, but by their own yardstick, they are false messengers (and I challenge anyone to explain the difference). Many years ago they defined that yardstick in the Watchtower of May 1, 1977, page 8, which reads: "Jehovah God is the Grand Identifier of his true messengers. He identifies them by making the messages he delivers through them come true. Jehovah is also the Great Exposer of false messengers. How does he expose them? He frustrates their signs and predictions. In this way he shows that they are self-appointed prognosticators, whose messages really spring from their own false reasoning – yes, their foolish, fleshly thinking!" I would like them to give just one example of a message they have given that Jehovah has made come true - because there are hundreds that have been 'frustrated'.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I had some fun with my husband when he came home from the meeting last night. I asked him if he learned about the WTS being a false prophet. After he got over his shock that I knew, he's made it a point to remind me several times last night and this morning that he is not a false prophet.

"Of course you're not, dear, it's the organization you are following."

So he dares me to tell him what they got wrong; 1914, right? I tell him to ask his elder friend how long is a generation?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, yeah, he tried to deflect the argument by pointing out all the false prophets in Christendom. I said, "They are all wrong and they should not do that."

• prologos
    prologos

JW'S GB CAN NOT BE FLSE PROPHETS OR THE FALSE PROPHET BECAUSE THEY HAVE GIVEN THAT TITLE TO THE ANGLO AMERICAN, THE LAST WORLD POWER.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit