Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT false prophets

by SloppyJoe 60 Replies latest jw friends

• OMJ
    OMJ

JW's have mastered the art of having their own cake and eating it too. that's what's kept them in business up to now.

• Mum
    Mum

It's like saying, "I'm not a murderer. I'm just a person who has killed a few people."

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Thanks for all the references. Didn't the Awake masthead say that the 1914 generation wouldn't pass before the end of wickedness arrives...not ours but God's promise...?

• nugget
    nugget

I would buy the Watchtower argument if they implied in their publications that what they were proposing in their magazines were just hopes and expectations of men who were not inspired.

However the magazines present their current thoughts as absolute truth and there are penalties for failing to follow and support the doctrine. They say that the men are not inspired but loyalty to those men is absolute and any doubt is also met with censure and expulsion. The GB are set up as God's representatives on Earth. How can they have such a role if God does not communicate with them? If he does communicate why all the adjustments?

It is not ok to say that they are better people because they are in the organisation and that is what counts when they do not extend the same courtesy to others. I am a better person due to my adjustment in thinking but I am treated apallingly. They are also false in saying that witnesses have a better standard of family life, are more honest and have a positive influence on the community. The witness family life is dysfunctional with no unconditional love and the constant need to earn the place in the family. Witnesses are no more honest than anyone else but lie regularly to householders, interested people, the media and the courts to protect the reputation of the organisation. They bring nothing to the community, they have no programmes to support the disenfranchised and those struggling, Kingdom halls are not available for community use.

If they say the words often enough the members will believe it but it is not true and is just papering over the cracks. So sad and deluded.

• Laika
    Laika

There are lots of threads on this one talk!

I am glad I don't go to meetings anymore, the whole superiority complex 'Sure, we got stuff wrong, but we are still so much better than those people who get other stuff wrong' is something I just don't have the patience for now.

• caliber
    caliber

before you read the above quotes... just keep this thought in mind ..

"Jehovah's organization has never claimed to be inspired."

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They say they are not false prophets.

Then they say they made no claim to be prophets at all. Sorry: a prophet claims to speak for Jehovah. If they are not prophets then they are not speaking for Jehovah - SO WHY WOULD ANYBODY BOTHER TO LISTEN TO THEM?

HB

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

ADCMS, quoted the '72 watchtower which said "who today are known as Jehovah's Christian Witnesses." LOL JW's haven't been called Jehovah's CHRISTIAN Witnesses since R Franz was ousted. The WTBT$ can't even remain consistant with their NAME much less anything else.

• FuzzyPaul
    FuzzyPaul

1914 replaced 1874 then it was 1915, 1916, then it went back to 1914 then in 1979 a group of higher ups researched 1914 and found 17 lines of evidence that Jerusalem was not destroyed in 607 BCE but in 586 BCE. The number of lines of evidence exceeds that now. The current WT year is still 1975, 1975, 1975, 1975 Ar ma getting outa here They were all dis-membered shipped. NO, They were not all shot, properly bled and eaten after prayer. Something bad happened to them for sure, in a WT study article we were told to hate them because they were pure hatred yeah, properly misled. Bubb bye

• Legacy
    Legacy

To Fuzzy Paul,

Does the WT, agree that Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 BC ? or are they sticking to the 607 BC ?

Thx,

Legacy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit