Please Share one of your Favourite Quotations

by cofty 95 Replies latest jw friends

• humbled
    humbled

so many great sayings.

I love these 8 Cardinal Virtues compiled by the scientist George Washington Carver. Born a slave during the Civil War in the U.S. he had much adversity to overcome--But this is what he modeled and tried to teach his students as much as the science he taught:

1. Be clean both inside and out.

2. Neither look up to the rich nor look down on the poor.

3.Lose, if need be, without squealing.

4. Win without bragging.

5. Always be considerate of women, children and old people.

6. Be too brave to lie.

7. Be too generous to cheat.

8. Take your share of the world and let others take theirs.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Idiocy: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups. -Despair.com

Procrastination: Hard work often pays off after time, but laziness always pays off now. -Despair.com

Consulting: If you're not a part of the solution, there's good money to be made in prolonging the problem. -Despair.com

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Edmund Burke

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

"AHaaaa beer.... the cause of and the solution to all mans problems." Homer Simpson " But Marge, what if we picked the wrong church and every week we just keep making God madder and madder?" Homer Simpson

• smiddy
    smiddy

If everybody is thinking alike , then somebody isnt thinking.

G.S.Patton Jr.

Its better to be looked over , than overlooked.

Mae West

smiddy

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

This one reminds me of the WTBTS every time I hear it!

'Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.' (Sir Walter Scott)

• Mickey mouse
  • Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile

"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

Marcus Aurelius

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I had a false belief, I thought I came here to stay.

We're all just visiting, just breaking like waves.

Eddie Vedder

• cofty
    cofty

A quotation that is easily misunderstood. If everybody followed Huxley's advice there would be no Watchtower.

Science seems to me to teach in the highest and strongest manner the great truth which is embodied in the Christian conception of entire surrender to the will of God. Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses nature leads, or you shall learn nothing. I have only begun to learn content and peace of mind since I have resolved at all risks to do this. - Thomas Henry Huxley

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit