Please Share one of your Favourite Quotations

by cofty 95 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

Desmond Tutu:

When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said 'Let us pray.' We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land.

Star Wars:

Let the Wookie win.

• tenyearsafter
    tenyearsafter

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.”? Mahatma Gandhi

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"The freest anyone ever is occurs when they care enough about their integrity to search for the truth.

The most enslaved anyone ever is occurs when they are constrained enough to announce they've found the truth and, to protect their pride, stop the search." -unknown

"An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it." -Orlando A Battista

A bully came up to him and gave him a hard time and Woody tells the audience,
    "I kept my cool. I told him to go forth and multiply....but, not in those words."

-Woody Allen

• ozbrad
    ozbrad

“Poor is the man whose pleasure depends on the permission of another.”

by Madonna

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

"At first we want life to be romantic. Later, to be bearable. Finally, to be understandable."

-Louise Bogan.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

"I believe it is better to tell the truth than a lie. I believe it is better to be free than to be a slave. And I believe it is better to know than to be ignorant."

-- H.L. Mencken

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit