Excuse needed to get out of talk

by noonehome 37 Replies latest jw friends

• label licker
    label licker

Just tell him the you can tell only him and that it's really really embarassing, then tell him it's hemeroids. He'll appreciate that you could only talk to him about this matter and then he'll brush you off the hook because noone wants to talk about other peoples bum holes.

If you don't want to do that route then give us your outline and we'll put your talk together for you

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

That's how the WT hooked you all. They made you afraid. If everyone was no longer collectively afraid then the whole scheme would crumble.

The Answer: everyone is IMPECCABLE WITH THEIR WORD. If everyone was impeccable with their word there would be no fear. And the whole scheme would crumble.

Start Today. Be impeccable with your word.

Next!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Tell him:"Bad case of diarrhea, sorry bro, but I'm afraid I'm never sure when I might have to go." (might be caused food posioning at the proper time from the faithful slave one never knows?)

• bigmac
    bigmac

give the talk---but talk about anything--your job--a hobby--or any old crap.

whats the worst that can happen? you will probably find no-one will notice anyway--least of all the guy who gave you the assignment. his mind will be elsewhere.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

yes the other alternative is give most shittiest talk you can with a straight face, full of cliches and double speak.

• bigmac
    bigmac

or--try to fart as loud as you can---or better still--rush off to the toilet after the first few lines--and stay there.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Do what I resolved to do a couple of years ago - make your OWN rules as to how to play their 'game', and have resolute answers for anyone in a given circumstance!

Now the answer: I was handed a talk recently which seriously conflicted what I believe to be the truth. So after a few days, I went to the School Overseer with the slip and said, "I'm sorry Brother, but I've looked over this material and I cannot get my head around the subject material. Can you assign this talk to someone else, and give me another assignment?".

Be ready to firmly but meekly insist that you CANNOT deal with this assignment.

If he is so stupid to ask what it is that you can't understand, reply with a question - "Would it be too much of problem to give me another talk?".

If he still is obtuse, just say to his face, "I'm sorry, but I can't do this talk".

I'm very prepared (for a specific scenario) to look at our SO in the eye and say, "Please take me off the Ministry School". They do not want you to assert your God-given choice of free will. Tell him straight!

Any other questions from him, just tell him that you have private and personal issues to deal with, and that you don't want to discuss them with anyone at this time.

I've really screwed up my CoBE and Secretary's minds by refusing to discuss with them "my personal issues".

They cannot stand it when you refuse to give them info which brings you under their control; go ahead, do it - take control and let them know it!

Or simply just go and ask to be taken off the MS, temporarily, for personal reasons!

Best wishes for your courageous stand!

• Mum
    Mum

Can you call in sick to work that day? Only if you have paid time off should you do this. Then call your SO at work and tell him you can't be at the meeting because of diarrhea, stress, and/or whatever other illness might sound credible. As others have suggested, ask to be removed from TMS, at least for the time being.

Stay home, have a few drinks (if you drink), read something funny, watch a funny movie, relax and let it all go. Make yourself laugh because laughter is very healthy.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

• rebel8
    rebel8

"I've been ridiculously depressed lately and honestly I just don't have it in me to do anything let alone put a talk together. Please move me in the rotation to 6 months from now so I can get this sorted out. Thanks"

• Glander
    Glander

Is this a student talk of 3 to 5 minutes? Or an instruction talk of 15 mins.? My advice is to get things into a perspective that helps you realize what a small deal it is. The poor folks who will be in the audience don't pay attention anyway. Rough something out and do it. Hell, I could make my grocery list into a student talk. It'll be good for you.

get out there and save souls, brother ' No one.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit