Excuse needed to get out of talk

by noonehome 37 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I don't think joining the Ministry School and giving talks is mandatory, in other words it is optional, and and not a Df'n offense to withdraw enrolement.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Giving them a bullshit excuse doesn't serve you. It takes you down a notch. I wouldn't do it. I would just not respond or flat out tell them the truth.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

HI. Noonehome-- how did it go? Do you have a an update?

• noonehome
    noonehome

Miss.Fit

RE: Update

I was able to get off the hook with that talk #3 couple weeks ago. Thanks everyone for the suggestions...I ended up canceling by text message close to 4 days in advance. A willing M.S. gobbled up the opportunity. The S.O. brought it up while at work, as expected, but I was vague and hinted at the fact that I wasn't going to give a reason and to lay off, but that it was basically a case of 'bad timing'...which is true.

Unfortunately I have another part this week...there was a cancelation and I guess the S.O. felt like I 'owed' it to him to do it. Ugh. In addition I'll have to deliver a concluding prayer. You have no idea how difficult it is for me to get up there and deliver a prayer. I'm pretty sure the C.O.B.E. thinks I'm not pulling my weight as a brother. Give me a break...I'm going to college full-time. He holds that against me too. Hence the sudden onslaught of prayers and stuff the same month my sophomore year starts. I can't keep this fricken charade going but I don't have a choice.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

If they ask you to do the prayer again, walk from the back row to the podium while having your fly zipper open, but not naked, of course. I would think they might stop asking you to do the prayer again. By the way, check on some sisters checking on you while you do the prayer, most people will close their eyes.

• Scully
    Scully

You know, there were a few times people made totally unintentional goofs in their prayers. People in the congregation noticed, though, and tongues started wagging (like clockwork!!)

One Brother™ prayed for Jehovah's blessing through Jesus and the Holy Ghost. OOOOPS!! That got him canned for about six months before they asked him to do another prayer.

Another Brother™ gave thanks for the hard work of all the Sisters™ in caring for their families, making sure that meals were ready and clothes prepared for Meetings™. Who'd've thunk that would offend anyone... but it did!! (Probably some microphone handler with a Napoleon complex...) This Brother™ was not invited back to give another Public Talk™ for a couple of years...

Then there was the Brother™ who in the middle of the Watchtower Study™ he was Conducting™ got a weird look on his face, suddenly went pale and passed out right there on the Platform™. A couple of people went over to attend to him, but the Presiding Overseer™ stepped right over him and carried on with the Watchtower Study™... The Show Must Go On!! The Brother™ was relieved of his Conductor™ status for a couple of months.

• villagegirl
    villagegirl

noonehome - leave a message on your voicemail that says - no one home.

Tell them you have a Yoga class that day and time. Then really go out and sign up

for a Yoga class. It will relieve the stress of all the lying you are doing. Tell them

you are suffering from severe cognitive dissonance. Tell them you suddeny realized

you are one of 144,000 and you need to time to comune with the Holy Spirit.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Noone home: how did it go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit