Water Fluoridation

by still thinking 136 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

I am sorry if I offended you

You didn't. But if you are going to quote an article...at least quote one that isn't as clearly biased against PEOPLE as that one. It dosen't support your position very well. It just makes the article look ignorant.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Fluoridation is required in the United States, because unlike most of Europe the U.S. doesn’t have school dental care, most children do not see a dentist regularly, many American diets are very high in fats and sugars

This from the article concerns me. It says the US don't give their children proper dental care like Europe...and they feed their kids crap.

So to solve this problem, they mass medicate by adding fluoride to the water. And THAT article has the cheek to call us nuts.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

But if you are going to quote an article...at least quote one that isn't as clearly biased against PEOPLE as that one. It dosen't support your position very well. It just makes the article look ignoraNt.

Well, I don't know if I agree with that, again, I am just trying to make the point that you can find things on the internet that say anything you want. Some of your cut and pastes were very slanted, and that kind of alarmist material turns me off. But I am not going to argue about it. I apologized for the tone, so I don't know what more you want. I am still investigating this, so I will keep an open mind and look at some of the information you provided.

• still thinking
    still thinking

You don't need to apologize to me for an article you didn't write. I was simply commenting on the article you posted. And the way it was written.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Here's an article I consider balanced.

http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/rr5014a1.htm

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I do not agree that the US does not treat children's dental issues, there are programs for people who can't afford dental care. It's true that we don't do in in the schools, and we don't force parents to get dental care, but if the parents want dental care for their children, they can get it. Sadly, some parents are too lazy to take advantage of what is available.

it's sadly true that some people feed their kids too much fat and sugar. Again,many parents are lazy and take the easy way out with far too many fast food meals. I am happy both my grandkids have been raised on healthy food, with few fast food meals and not a lot of junk. My grandson is Seventh Day Adventists and has chosen his own healthy foods (his parents are not SDA) for a while, unlike most teens, he eats little sugar. My other grandchild, her dad works at a health food coop, so that is all she knows. They live in an area (Pacific Northwest) with a lot of organic growers, so good food is easy to come by.

• still thinking
    still thinking

That was a quote from the article YOU posted LisaRose.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

I haven't read this thread, but I do believe that Flouride in the water is positively wrong. There is plenty of evidence out there that it is harmful, little that it is beneficial, and ultimately, who chooses what my water is dosed with?

• still thinking
    still thinking

and ultimately, who chooses what my water is dosed with?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Well, I for one am grateful that my water is chlorinated.

Shigella Dyesenteriae

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit