Water Fluoridation

by still thinking 136 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

Tiktaalik...maybe you should have brushed your teeth more. I use an non flouride toothpaste and filtered water for my son. Always have. He has NO cavities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp3wJjzrrhE

Funny how those nut cases are right sometimes isn't it JeffT? Some reasearch will show ANYONE who is interested that what they use to fluoridate our water NOW is NOT good for us. Unless of course people believe that waste products from pesticide/fertilizer industires are beneficial for our health.

Healthy diet and tooth brushing pratices have FAR more to do with healthy teeth than the addition of fluoride.

Impact of fluoride on neurological development in children

July 25, 2012 — For years health experts have been unable to agree on whether fluoride in the drinking water may be toxic to the developing human brain. Extremely high levels of fluoride are known to cause neurotoxicity in adults, and negative impacts on memory and learning have been reported in rodent studies, but little is known about the substance’s impact on children’s neurodevelopment. In a meta-analysis, researchers from Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) and China Medical University in Shenyang for the first time combined 27 studies and found strong indications that fluoride may adversely affect cognitive development in children. Based on the findings, the authors say that this risk should not be ignored, and that more research on fluoride’s impact on the developing brain is warranted.

See full article here....

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

• still thinking
    still thinking

A Bibliography of Scientific Literature on Fluoride

http://www.slweb.org/bibliography.html

• bohm
    bohm

still thinking:

The studies in china are primarily focused on levels of flouride which greatly exceed what is added in ground water, something which the authors point out themselves and you would be aware of if you had read the article.

Furthermore, if a substance like flouride is present at very high concentrations (which may happend naturally or by contamination), that should lead one to consider if other substances (such as lead, quicksilver, etc.) which are known to have a negative effect on brain development. Thats known as a confounding factor.

If you add those things to the overall danger fishing for significant results in meta-analysis i simply dont see how you could conclude anything based on the study.

The key thing is dose: The only think which can be concluded is flouride *may* have adverse effects in high doses, but so is common salt..

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I think flluoridation in drinking water is unconscionable for many reasons.

First - if people believe it reduces cavities and choose to use it for themselves or their children - they should be able to access the product through their pharmacy/dentis to use personally. In this way that personal use does not penetrate those who do not believe in it's use.

Second - the notion that you can put a bunch of stuff in the waters and it won't affect other living organisms in the water system is to me human arrogance.

Third - the notion that fluoride has to be in your water to benefit you makes no sense at all. It is said that it reduces cavities? If in fact it is used just for the protection of teeth, there is no need to put it in the water. That water you drink, is water you also wash in, it goes in your eyes, once ingested, it must be filtered through all the organs in your body where it is not necessary - therefore, if it is a benefit for teeth - exactly what benefit is it to your liver or kidneys or eyes or brain when it accumulates over 60 years? Children are not to use fluoride under the age of 6 - but you bathe them in the water, you mix juice with the water, you pour them a glass of water with the stuff - common sense tells me that there is more harm putting it in the water and forcing people to use it, than making it available in other ways for personal use.

I think it's a way for corporations to get rid of their waste - and the highest profit comes from massive consumption and use - not individuals. It's also a way for the same companies to create a sub company of water purification and disposable water bottles and water itself.

The company who produces the fluoride makes massive profit from contracts with governments who buy the stuff to put in the water. They know that some people will try to avoid that water now, so they have a sub company to push water filteration to get the product their other subsidiary produces, out of that same water. Then that's not good enough - we have another company link and shares in the bottled water company because people don't want the fluoride so they think buying the water is better for them.

Growing up we never walked around with bottled water. We drank tap water. Nobody bought water. Fluoridation comes along - and with that comes a whole subset of companies with the aim of getting you to drink pure water - I think they should halt the use of fluoridation in the water system and make it available for personal use direct to consumer. sammieswife

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I remember reading a while back that in the 1800's flouride was used as rat poison. One can only hope that the formula that's in our water system has been tinkered with since the 1800's formula of flouride

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I haven't cross checked all this article from Natural News, but it was printed in 2012 - I guess people would just have to ask themselves - if tomorrow your local government handed you a container of ant killer and claimed it was 'all natural' and 'safe' ...and you were instructed to pour it into all your drinking water in order to ward off baldness - would you do it? Would you automatically do it? Without question? Thats kind of the way I look at this - if someone thinks it works then make it available to them, but putting it in all our water - we drink it, wash in it, our pets drink it, our cattle drink it, the birds, plants....is realling nonsensical to me and I don't think we will ever be told the truth about how it has affected the health of millions of people. sammieswife

NaturalNews)

Fluoride-pushing doctors and dentists who try to contaminate your water supply with fluoride are promoting their deadly agenda with a clever lie... a lie you will see obediently repeated in every fluoride push. Here's how it sounds:

Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral in the water. Our city's water is unfortunate enough to have a low level, so we are simply adjusting the fluoride in the water to its optimum levels to improve public health.

This lie is repeated almost verbatim, across every city that seeks to poison its citizens with fluoride. Why is it a lie? Here are the five false deceptions found embedded in the statement:

Deception #1) The fluoride ADDED to the water is not "naturally occurring fluoride." It's a chemical byproduct often purchased from chemical plants in China (see below).

Deception #2) The false idea that ingesting fluoride is somehow good for your teeth. At best, fluoride is a topical treatment which should be swished around your mouth and then spat out. And that's only if it's truly natural (mineral) fluoride, not the fluosilicic acid toxins being pushed as fluoride.

Deception #3) What cities call "fluoride" is actually a toxic cocktail of over 100 deadly industrial chemicals and heavy metals , many of which are purchased in bulk from China, where industrial processing plants are trying to get rid of their excess toxic waste by labeling it "sodium fluoride."

Deception #4) There is no such thing as a "low" level of fluoride or an "optimum" level of fluoride in drinking water. Pure drinking water should contain NO fluoride whatsoever.

Deception #5) Fluoride is "safe" for human consumption. Oh really? Then why is sodium fluoride labeled by its industrial manufacturers with stern safety warnings about causing severe harm to humans?

Chinese fluoride manufacturers openly admit to the toxicity of the chemical

Much of the so-called "fluoride" dumped into the public water supply in the USA, Canada, Australia and other nations actually comes from companies like this one in China: Fluoride Chemicals (Yunnan) Co., Ltd.

As you can clearly see on this industrial chemicals listing page of Alibaba.com, the Fluoride Chemicals Yunnan Co. offers a 98% water treatment Sodium Fluoride product with the following description for its uses:

It is used in the manufacture of effervescing steel, and the smelting and refining of light metals. It is also used in fluorination of drinking water, as a wood preservative, an adhesive preservative. An insecticide, a protective coating for metals, a pickle for steels and other metals, a flux for soldering and welding, as well as a flux and pacifier for ceramic, glass and porcelain enamel. ( http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/540825136/98_min_7681_49_4_for.html )

This company also manufacturers synthetic cryolite , the fluoride-pesticide that's being secretly sprayed on grapes and other crops, adding huge quantities of fluoride to your food ( http://www.naturalnews.com/036753_fluoride_pesticides_grapes.html ).
    Here's the description of synthetic cryolite, right from the industrial chemical supplier that sells it by the ton to U.S. food producers:

Uses: It's mainly used as a flux in the aluminum smelting by fused-salt electrolysis; also an opalizer in the manufacture of enamel; an opacifier and auxiliary solvent of glass and enamel; an insecticide of crops; a flux in aluminum alloy casting; and in the production of ferrous alloy and effervescing steel; as well as a wear-resistant filler for resin and rubber-boned abrasive wheels. ( http://ynfhx.en.alibaba.com/product/540022489-213372652/Synthetic_Cry... )

"Highly corrosive to human skin"

Another supplier of sodium fluoride to municipal water facilities, the Shanghai Polymet Commodities Ltd. company in China, offers the following description of its bulk fluoride chemical:

Fluosilicic Acid / hydrofluosilicic acid:

Property: Colorless, transparent and smoky liquid with penetrating odor; highly acidic; soluble in water and volatile; with disinfecting action; corrosive to glass, ceramics, lead and other metals; highly corrosive to human skin and harmful to people's respiratory organs; keep it in a container made of plastics. ( http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/523747967/Fluosilicic_Acid.html )

Yet another industrial fluoride supplier from China describes its sodium fluoride as:

used as pesticides and bactericides in agriculture. Used as UF2 adsorbent in nuclear industry. ( http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/421835290/Sodium_Fluoride.html )

Another sodium fluoride supplier describes their fluoride chemicals as "A colorless crystalline or white powder, ...dissolved in water, with toxic." ( http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/264259230/Sodium_Fluoride_NaF_.html )

This company goes on to describe the uses of its sodium fluoride chemicals as:

Be used as anti-corrosion agent in wood, medical corrosion, fusing in welding... manufacture of rimmed steel, treatment of hides and skins for leather industry, adhesive preservative, purification and coloring flux in the melting of light metals.

Here are two photos, taken right off the Alibaba website, showing how fluoride is promoted as an insecticide, a chemical for the nuclear industry, and a water treatment chemical all in one!

Source for the photos:
    http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/611384293/Toothpaste_Grade_Sodium_F...

Fluoride pushers are criminals who seek to poison humanity

Keep all this in mind when your local politician says he's going to "adjust" the levels of "naturally-occurring fluoride" in your local water supply. He's lying to you. What he really means is that he's going to dump a toxic pesticide chemical into the water and poison you all.

Spread the word: Sodium fluoride is poison. That's one of the reasons why it works so well as a pesticide. Bureaucrats who try to dump this into the city water supply -- like Portland Mayor Sam Adams ( http://www.naturalnews.com/036965_Portland_water_fluoridation_toxic_c... ) -- deserve to be arrested as heinous criminals who are unleashing weapons of mass destruction against the U.S. citizenry.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I see that Republicans and fundamentalists don't have a lock on scientific ignorance.

Sammie, do you want to apply point two to chlorine as well? Or should we go back to the days when you're drinking water could kill you?

That flouride in drinking water reduces cavities is an established fact. As Bohm points out dose is the key. There is no evidence that the dose level in drinking water is harmful.

There is not "formula" for flouide that can be tinkered with. Its the anion of the element Flourine. This does not present an opportunity to dump other toxins into our drinking water. This is the argument the John Birch Society was making in 1966 when we wanted to put Floride in our water in the Seattle area. Except they thought it was going to be done by communists not corporations. Might make an interesting study to see when the bad guy changed.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

does anyone have any knowledge of water vending machines? i sometimes refill my 5 gal. jugs. it tastes pretty good but im not sure about how or how often they are serviced.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Hey guys oxygen is poisonous. Better stop breathing. I'm also in tears from laughter that someone posted links from Fox News to prove a thing.

• BU2B
    BU2B

This is a good site that goes over the details of every communites public flouridization program, and gives the detail on what it is and all the risks.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit