Water Fluoridation

by still thinking 136 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

I presented the pictures because I am a little sick of "chemicals" getting the blame. All we are is a bundle of complex "chemicals", most of which look a lot scarier than flouride. We happily take vitamins that also happen to be "chemicals". A rose by any other name...

A poison by any other name....OUR bodies DO NOT require fluouride to be healthy. So all I can say is. If you want it, why not buy it with your other 'vitamin' suppliments. And let the rest of humanity have a choice in what medication they take.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Pour the words on, still thinking, it can't overwhelm the study I provided.

I guess the rest of the world disagrees with the study you posted since THEIR scientists do NOT agree. Do you work for some government department or something jgnat? every thread you seem to be defending their experiments on human beings. I'm getting rather confused about your permanent stance of how they are right and everone else is wrong.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Virtually no human studies in this field have been conducted in the U.S.....sammies

This bears repeating....and it applies to many things the government approves for human consumption. Although...it could be argued that we are all currently players in the biggest human experiments in history. How are we all feeling about being lab rats.

• still thinking
    still thinking

The Benefits of Water Fluoridation?

This short video presents four inconvenient facts about the purported miraculous benefits of water fluoridation.

Fact 1: If fluoridated water has a benefit, it is a topical one (there is no need to actually swallow it).

Fact 2: Despite 60+ years of research, there is not a single randomized controlled trial, let alone a blinded study, demonstrating fluoridation’s benefits.

Fact 3: The largest national surveys of dental health in the U.S., Australia and New Zealand have found no significant difference in tooth decay (as measured by DMFT) between children living their whole lives in fluoridated vs. non-fluoridated areas.

Fact 4: Comprehensive data from the World Health Organization shows that western countries with no water fluoridation programs have experienced the same reduction in tooth decay over the past 40 years as countries with mass fluoridation programs such as the United States.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNdelK1GTm4

• still thinking
    still thinking

Gus Hastie on fluoride hypersensitivity

Published on Jul 25, 2013

Gus Hastie is a Chemical Engineer who discovered that he is hypersensitive to the fluoride chemicals added to the public water supply. Fluoride sensitivity is well documented in the literature (1-5% of the population), but the public are not informed of this. Many people are fluoride sensitive and simply do not know that they are.

They know that they feel sick and may be treated for any number of symptoms, but neither they nor their doctors have any idea that fluoride is the culprit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N373I1oYOQ

• still thinking
    still thinking

Here is a NZ dentist who has had to deal with the issue of fluroisis in children. Because of this, he has done years of reaserch and concluded that we should NOT be putting fluoride into our water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZy-WsHSk58

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wow! Three youtube videos! That seals it then. Better pass it on to these folks:

Fluoride Recommendations Work Group

Steven M. Adair, D.D.S., M.S. School of Dentistry Medical College of Georgia Augusta, Georgia

William H. Bowen, Ph.D. Caries Research Center University of Rochester Rochester, New York

Brian A. Burt, B.D.S., M.P.H., Ph.D. School of Public Health University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan

Jayanth V. Kumar, D.D.S., M.P.H. New York Department of Health Albany, New York

Steven M. Levy, D.D.S., M.P.H. College of Dentistry University of Iowa Iowa City, Iowa

David G. Pendrys, D.D.S., Ph.D. School of Dental Medicine University of Connecticut

Farmington, Connecticut R. Gary Rozier, D.D.S., M.P.H. School of Public Health University of North Carolina

Chapel Hill, North Carolina Robert H. Selwitz, D.D.S., M.P.H. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research Bethesda, Maryland

John W. Stamm, D.D.S., D.D.P.H. School of Dentistry University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, North Carolina

George K. Stookey, Ph.D., D.D.S. School of Dentistry Indiana University Indianapolis, Indiana

Gary M. Whitford, Ph.D., D.M.D. School of Dentistry Medical College of Georgia Augusta, Georgia

Fluoride Recommendations Reviewers

Myron Allukian, Jr., D.D.S., M.P.H. Director of Oral Health Boston Public Health Commission

Boston, Massachusetts John P. Brown, B.D.S., Ph.D. Department of Community Dentistry University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio, Texas

Joseph A. Ciardi, Ph.D. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research Bethesda, Maryland

D. Christopher Clark, D.D.S., M.P.H. Faculty of Dentistry University of British Columbia North Vancouver, Canada

Stephen B. Corbin, D.D.S., M.P.H. Oral Health America Brookeville, Maryland

Michael W. Easley, D.D.S., M.P.H. School of Dental Medicine State University of New York Buffalo, New York

Caswell A. Evans, D.D.S., M.P.H. County Dental Director Los Angeles, California Lawrence J. Furman, D.D.S., M.P.H. National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research Bethesda, Maryland

Stanley B. Heifetz, D.D.S., M.P.H. Department of Dental Medicine and Public Health School of Dentistry University of Southern California Los Angeles, California

Keith E. Heller, D.D.S., Dr.P.H. School of Public Health University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan

Amid I. Ismail, D.D.S., Dr.P.H. School of Dentistry University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan

David W. Johnston, B.D.S., M.P.H. School of Dentistry University of Western Ontario London, Canada

John V. Kelsey, D.D.S., M.B.A. US Food and Drug Administration Rockville, Maryland

James A. Lalumandier, D.D.S., M.P.H. School of Dentistry Case Western Reserve University Hudson, Ohio

Stephen J. Moss, D.D.S., M.S. College of Dentistry New York University New York, New York

Ernest Newbrun, D.M.D., Ph.D. School of Dentistry University of California, San Francisco San Francisco, California

Kathy R. Phipps, Dr.P.H. School of Dentistry Oregon Health Sciences University Portland, Oregon

Mel L. Ringelberg, D.D.S., Dr.P.H. State Dental Director State of Florida Department of Health Tallahassee, Florida

Jay D. Shulman, D.M.D., M.S.P.H. Baylor College of Dentistry Dallas, Texas

Phillip A. Swango, D.D.S., M.P.H. Private dental consultant Albuquerque, New Mexico

Gerald R. Vogel, Ph.D. ADA Health Foundation Paffenbarger Research Center

Gaithersburg, Maryland James S. Wefel, Ph.D. College of Dentistry University of Iowa

Iowa City, Iowa B. Alex White, D.D.S., Dr.P.H. Kaiser-Permanente, Inc. Portland, Oregon

• jgnat
    jgnat

still thinking, you are flawed in your weighting in of evidence. It's not a few bureaucrats against the rest of the world. It's a few vocal protesters against overwhelming evidence.

You are now bringing in the last bastion of the failed argument by challenging my motivations. I do have a fierce preference for the rigorously prepared experiment and its results. I also have respect for peer reviews, double blind trials, and reproducibility.

I was a civil servant for over twenty-five years, but not in any position of real authority. In my position and by my temperament I got a pretty good picture on how government is run. It's not evil; it's incompetent! There's nobody in charge! We might as well have the neighbourhood barman in the top seat, and very often we do.

So I don't mistrust big government or big business for what they may be doing to conspire towards our demise. They are too incompetent to pull anything off, and frankly they are too occupied with matters of their own survival (With exception perhaps for Oprah and Gates).

So just because big government or big business is continuing with an unpopular health initiative, does not necessarily mean it's bad. There is very, very good science that things like vitamins in our milk, flouride in our water, immunizations for our infants, fertilizer for our crops, school lunches, has virtually eliminated some diseases, prevented many others, doubled world-wide food production, prevented starvation, reduced infant mortality, and generally extended our lifetimes so that we now die of "old man" diseases.

• still thinking
    still thinking

still thinking, you are flawed in your weighting in of evidence

LMAO! as opposed to your over weighted AMERICAN evidence. That is supported by their corrupt, corporate controlled government.

By the way, you never answered my question jgnat. What other things would you like to see the public mass medicated with? Since you are ok with this. Can I take it you are happy for the government to mass medicate you with anything THEY deem to be safe? At what point will YOU say you don't want to be medicated when YOU don't need it? Are you ok with Lithium being added to your water?

I also have respect for peer reviews, double blind trials, and reproducibility.

Really? Then why are you supporting water fluoridation? There are NO human trials, no double blind trials and NO evidence based on any human trials.

You make a lot of claims for what you believe to be true. But it is ALL supported by government rubber stamped studies funded by chemical corporations in the US.

• still thinking
    still thinking

It's not evil; it's incompetent! There's nobody in charge! We might as well have the neighbourhood barman in the top seat, and very often we do...jgnat

So, you are happy with these incompetent people medicating YOU and your children?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit