Water Fluoridation

by still thinking 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

JGnat, what if you tried to make coffee in the morning and the water stunk and tasted so bad of chlorine, that you coudn't taste the coffee? Or when you turned on the shower it had such an overpowering smell of chlorine, your shower made you feel as though you needed another?

I used to live with this.

My question would be, what is or isn't being done at the source to require this kind of chlorination?

This is not to be confused with flouridation.

• mP
    mP

If Fluoride was so bad, then we should be seeing millioos of people dying. instead we hvae teeth that our ancestors can only dream of having. Its utterly stupid to make such statements when we can all see the evidence for ourselves.

• mP
    mP

Berengaria

You must live in a terrible country. In real countries that never happens.

• still thinking
    still thinking

If Fluoride was so bad, then we should be seeing millioos of people dying. instead we hvae teeth that our ancestors can only dream of having. Its utterly stupid to make such statements when we can all see the evidence for ourselves.

Peoples teeth have improved REGARDLESS of water fluoridation, trends worldwide show an improvement in dental health because of diet and education, even in areas with NO fluoridation. Much of Europe have got rid of fluoride because they know this. But as usual...we are still being treated like lab rats. Many of the scientific evidence is based on what they used to use...NOT what they use NOW, which is a waste product from the pesticide industry. THAT is not what they used when they introduced fluoride in the water.

And as for millions of people dying...well.. hard to say. Is it the fluoride? Is it the GMO's? Is it the pesticides? Is it the Herbicides? Is it a combination? Cancer rates in the west are going through the roof and the problem is getting worse. Could it possibly have anything to do with how we mess around so much with our food and water? What exactly is wrong with clean water without fluoride? And clean foods without chemicals? Why do people object so strongly to it? I really don't understand.

EVEN IF...(and thats a big if) fluroide was beneficial for teeth....that STILL does not justify mass medication of society. What about old people that may not even have teeth? Why should they be fluoridated? What benefit is it to them? Even at it's supposed MOST efficient use...it is only targeting children in a narrow age range. Talk about overkill. And it is NOT recommended that babies are given fluoride...and yet..look what bottle fed babies are ingesting.

How is this different to mass medicating the population for depression? (which they may yet do if they use the same logic). When only a small percentage of people suffer from it enough to NEED medication? What else do you think they can justifyably mass medicate people against without our conscent.

I can understand the chlorine being used to make sure drinking water is clean. But I hear you Berengaria...I have, on the odd occasion gone to my kitchen tap only to discover cloudy water the reeks of chlorine. There is NO WAY I'm going to drink that. Now if they have someone incompetent at the end that is adding too much chlorine. How do we know that some idiot in charge of fluoride isn't just as incompetent? Do you trust someone else to medicate YOUR child? I don't.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah DRINK flouride to save your bad teeth instead of flossing and brushing and not eating sugar by the pound. It really is survival of the fittest in this world so....drink up guys enjoy your bleached fouride cool aid.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    You must live in a terrible country. In real countries that never happens.

What is a "real" country??

• jgnat
    jgnat

still thinking, the referenced article where I provided the link (Centres for Disease Control) says the opposite, with overwhelming evidence provided. Flouridation has brought caries disease under control.

Where I live the water stinks in the spring as rivers are flooding, with greater silt and runoff. The treatment plants have to add more chlorination to make the water safe.

Has anyone commented or noticed that in some areas the water naturally has a higher level of flouridation? You know, from naturally occurring flouride?

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

jgnat, get out of here with your SCIENCE and FACTS! Around here we only accept things from FOX News, biased hippie websites, and anecdotal evidence! Oh and some of us here enjoy reading published studies and then totally misinterpreting the results!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Don't blame the hippies. I like hippies.

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Brothers and Sisters, shouldn't we check what direction the FDS/GB has provided on this matter? Surely, the life-giving water that Jesus spoke about would not be adulterated with flouride or chlorine. I think we need a QFR article from sd7 to settle the matter once and for all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit