Water Fluoridation

by still thinking 136 Replies latest jw friends

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

I understand you add vitimin A & D to your milk in Canada. As far as I know we don't in NZ. It is added to baby formula though.

-------

Thse are vitamins. There are vitamins added to meal replacement powders, power foods for athletes etc and milk and margarine in Canada. I don't drink milk. I don't eat margarine. I have a choice not to. I don't need either of them to live and while I understand the requirements for a child, obviously vitamin D in their milk isn't toxic unlike toothpaste with fluoride in it that children are not to use.

Fluoride is NOT a vitamin.

Aspartame is NOT a vitamin and there are lobbyists trying to get the stuff added to chocolate milk - something kids love.

Many countries choose not to fluoridate their water and instead introduce the substance to those only that need it or request it for a direct personal use.

That's the way it should be done.

sammieswife

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The CDC acknowledges on their own website that fluorosis occurs and they have re-established the guidelines because they admit that over exposure has occured because flluoride isn't just being put in the water but used in other things that accumulate. While one can argue that somehow drinking fluoride is better in avoiding cavities, clearly this isn't the case everywhere or for everyone and one can argue that in the 1 out of every 4 people who end up with dental fluorosis because of excessive fluoride, the cost of bonding, crowns, veneers and basic erosion of the enamel that requires costly and lifetime dental applications, might be a cost they would never have had to bear. sammieswife

CNN-i report -

While the “CDC [US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention] has recognized water fluoridation as one of 10 great public health achievements of the 20th century,” the 'public health achievement' is also responsible for, on average in the United States, 41% of young people from 12–15 years having dental fluorosis. Kids in that age range with moderate to severe fluorosis are about 3.6%.

Looking at percentages alone is a public relations slight of hand, but crunching an actual estimate in real numbers is another story: in the US, approximately 21,403,768 between the ages of 12-15 years have dental fluorosis, and of that, approximately 770,535 have moderate to sever fluorosis or “Garbage Mouths” to be ridiculed, and shunned by their peers.”

Well, with the others, their social exclusion will all depend on their personal perception and degree of discoloration to the teeth as to the degree and severity of discrimination they will experience from a very young age.

Interestingly, we have fifty-six years of fluoridation with a constant year on year rise in the incidence of the condition that coincides with the expansion of community water fluoridation. Due to this remarkably successful 'public health achievement,' the total number of victims of this debacle is astronomical and probably as much as one-third of the population.

The problem is so out of control that recently the CDC recommended lowering the fluoride levels in drinking water to reduce the incidence of dental fluorosis.

• still thinking
    still thinking

vitamin D in their milk isn't toxic

No it isn't in the doses they use... but vitamin D in high doses is also toxic. So, if milk is their only diet I suppose it can be regulated by the amount they drink. There is no way to monitor or control how much fluoride we get if it is in our water.

So, I go back to my original point of being able to evaluate how much of a substance we are ingesting. And this cannot be done if it added to our water because it does not take into account how much you drink or ingest from any other source, how much is absorbed in our cooking, how much we absorb through our skin, how much is taken up by vegetables if we grow our own and water our garden with fluoridated water, how much we are getting through toothpaste or mouthwashes etc etc.

Even vitamin D supplements SHOULD be given by a health professional and the results monitored. The result of our fluroide intake is NOT monitored by anyone...and it certainly doesn't take into account that you MAY be on other medications that may not interact well with too much fluoride consumpsion.

What is vitamin D toxicity, and should I worry about it since I take supplements?

Answer

from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.

Vitamin D toxicity, also called hypervitaminosis D, is a rare but potentially serious condition that occurs when you have excessive amounts of vitamin D in your body.

Vitamin D toxicity is usually caused by megadoses of vitamin D supplements — not by diet or sun exposure. That's because your body regulates the amount of vitamin D produced by sun exposure, and even fortified foods don't contain large amounts of vitamin D.

The main consequence of vitamin D toxicity is a buildup of calcium in your blood (hypercalcemia), which can cause symptoms such as poor appetite, nausea and vomiting. Weakness, frequent urination and kidney problems also may occur. Treatment includes the stopping of excessive vitamin D intake. Your doctor may also prescribe intravenous fluids and medications, such as corticosteroids or bisphosphonates.

Taking 50,000 international units (IU) a day of vitamin D for several months has been shown to cause toxicity. This level is many times higher than the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for most adults of 600 IU of vitamin D a day. Doses higher than the RDA are sometimes used to treat medical problems such as vitamin D deficiency, but these are given only under the care of a doctor and only for a short time.

Although vitamin D toxicity is uncommon even among people who take supplements, you may be at greater risk if you have health problems, such as liver or kidney conditions, or if you take thiazide-type diuretics. As always, talk to your doctor before taking vitamin and mineral supplements.

I wonder... ...what is the RDA (recommended daily allowance) for fluoride? And how do you monitor this?

And what about people that may have liver or kidney problems? How do they control their fluoride intake?

Medical practisioners ALWAYS want to know if you are taking ANY vitamin or mineral supplements. Do they take fluoride into consideration when they prescribe you a drug?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Pesonally I like the idea of fluoridated salt. That way, if you want it in your diet...buy the salt and eat it till your hearts content.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Pesonally I like the idea of fluoridated salt. That way, if you want it in your diet...buy the salt and eat it till your hearts content.

Two toxins at once, now there's a great plan.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'm not for telling people THEY CAN'T have their toxins if THEY want them JeffT....

If people want it...go for your life! Just don't inflict it on people who don't.

• still thinking
    still thinking

This is an excellent video from a professional perspective...toxicoligists etc. What is so seriously wrong with water fluoridation.

There have been over 30 studies (animal and human) now showing that fluoroide impares the brains of developing children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88pfVo3bZLY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit