Every so often I receive a very uncomplimentary email thru my website from a JW. Want to read it?

by AndersonsInfo 61 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Very patronizing, sanctimonious and arrogant all at once. Also very funny. I'm afraid my response would be, "piss off," as I don't have time for people like that. You're probably going to ignore the letter and that is smarter.

Thanks for sharing.

• besty
    besty

is the author male or female Barb?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Hmmm,I detect some bitterness.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

Barbra although you don't know me. I have a lot of admiration for what you have done. Just think of how many countless young children that may of been saved from sexual abuse if it hadn't been for outspoken people like you. You stood up for what you believed in and were willing to take the consequences for it - despite how unpleasant these were. You certainly have got more courage than a person who chooses to to hide his identity because of not wanting to get DFed. God bless.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

Goodness me, the author all but called you a member of the "Jezebel Class".

If there's any logical coherence in that rant I can't see it.

But did they really compare protecting children from sexual abuse to the circumsicion debate?

Bizarre.

Heartfelt thanks from me Barbra, for all you've done. You HAVE made a difference. Somewhere there are JW children who haven't been abused because your actions meant the men who would have hurt them were reported.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

My response would have been:

"Thank you for your message wherein you lovingly display the "fruitage of the spirit". It must be a great privilege for you to have permission from Jesus to judge others while he has denied this privilege to others. You must feel honored. OK, I have to go now. Don't forget to "count the time" it took to write to me. Have a blessed day."

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Since when does Jehovah need any one human to straighten out his organization on policy?

Um, how about Jesus or any of the prophets for that matter?

I don't remember any christian women in the first century being involved with the Governing Body

That would be because there was no such thing as the "Governing Body" until 1971! Look it up.

When did you start seeing it as a man's organization and not Jehovah's?

This is actually an excellent description of awakening to TTATT.

I wondered if you ever apologized to Jehovah for smearing his name all over the public media

Barbara, please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know of you, you have NEVER publicly "smeared" the name of Jehovah. Have you? My understanding is that you HAVE publicized the hypocrisy, lies and damaging practices of the WTBTS, particularly in relation to their policies concerning pedophiles in the organization. Is that not correct?

in reality you were just one of these strong women who didn't know how to stay in your place

That's it, we all just need to know our place and stay in it. Good dog!

Actually, I appreciate that this writer actually complimented you, Barbara, by acknowledging that you are a "strong woman."

Of course, in JW-land being a strong person, particularly if you are a woman, is a crime second only to independent thinking and questioning the precious GB.

Thanks for sharing this goofy letter. Doesn't the writer know that they are being disobedient by visiting your "apostate" website? Bad dog!

Listen, Obey and Be Blessed!

• besty
    besty
    Barbara, please correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know of you, you have NEVER publicly "smeared" the name of Jehovah. Have you? My understanding is that you HAVE publicized the hypocrisy, lies and damaging practices of the WTBTS , particularly in relation to their policies concerning pedophiles in the organization . Is that not correct?

Same thing - JW's don't typically discern a meaningful difference between Jehovah and the Watchtower Corp.

• happy@last
    happy@last

It's staggering that this person should write you in this manner, how could they have taken the time and not read it back to see absurd it is. You simply present facts on your site, obviously this person did not want to avail themselves of them. Keep up the good work, please!

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Besty, JW's don't typically discern a meaningful difference between Jehovah and the Watchtower Corp.

Exactly! That actually is the point I was trying to make while simultaneously highlighting the real difference. In fact, I'd put it even more strongly: In the minds of the average JW, the WTBTS = Jehovah.

BTW, did you see my PM?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit