The President addresses the Nation

by designs 257 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Likewise, how many will tutor-a-Trayvon or mentor-a-Martin ?

GZ lost his life that night and I don't think he deserved it.

• designs
    designs

I believe those willing to mentor young men in this country who are of a minority race will outnumber the donors to George Zimmerman by far.

• Violia
    Violia

I have emailed his atty asking if there was a fund set up for his living expenses. If ai get an answer I will post it.

• designs
    designs

Viola- Will you write George Zimmerman a check or send money.

• Violia
    Violia

I will donate to a properly set up fund probably via pay pal. I am waiting for information on a properly funded account so that I know he will get the money. This poor man needs assistance and I can't be the only person who feels this way. I just need to find the right route. I would hope for help myself if I was ever as unfortunate as he.

• Simon
    Simon

Thanks Violia, I'm interested in finding out too.

• designs
    designs

He can't get a J.O.B. or start a business?

• designs
  • ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

Violia and all those interested in donating, the site that Simon posted, ie; http://gzdefensefund.com/donate/ is the one that we have used twice now to donate to Mr. Zimmerman. We used Paypal both times and we haven't had any problems with the transactions. The disclaimer to the site says "The Zimmerman Legal Defense Fund Trust is an independently administered trust account. All monies will be used for George Zimmerman's ongoing living expenses, legal costs, and fees associated with his defense."

I'm interested to see what the attorney that you contacted says, and if he recommends another manner of donating I too would love to know. I wish that we could get money to him before the Attorneys get their cut first. I'm glad that there are others here who want to help him and his family with expenses, I imagine that they could really use the monetary support and that they would be very grateful.

Designs said...

I believe those willing to mentor young men in this country who are of a minority race will outnumber the donors to George Zimmerman by far.

I'd be willing to bet that many people who mentor minorities are also some of the same ones who donate to the Zimmerman fund. Remember, Mr. Zimmerman himself was a mentor to other minorities not very long ago.

Designs, yes, some of us, actually a lot of us DO put our "Money where our mouth is", especially when it is for a cause we truly believe in. You should hope that someone would be willing to do the same for you if any unfortunate circumstance ever befell you.

He can't get a J.O.B. or start a business?

How easy would it be for you to get a J.O.B. or start your own business if you were in the same position as Mr. Zimmerman?

That would be an interesting poll- How many George Zimmerman supporters will actually sit down at their desks pull out their check books and write George a nice fat check, at least something over $5.00.

I'd be willing to bet that a LOT of people have given and will continue to "Sit down at their desks" to make a donation to the Zimmerman fund. I'd also be willing to bet that there are also plenty who wish that they could donate more, but can't due to the horrible economy. Your comment of "at least something over $5.00" is quite rude. A very poor person who heartfeltedly donates a single dollar to something that they believe in is just as important as someone who can afford a hundred dollar donation. the fact is that they are giving what they can, even though they can't really afford it.

The bitterness, hate, polarization and divisions that this whole issue has caused between people, mainly propogated by the MSM and powers-that-be is very heartbreaking to see. What will become of our country if something terribly catastrophic happens in the (near) future? If things continue on this trend, how will we ever survive? How will we ever band together to help one another in a major crisis if we can't even get past this unfortunate Zimmerman/Martin incident? I hate being a pessimist, but I think that we are utterly screwed if we continue on this path.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

According to Zimmermans defense team - the lawyers haven't been paid but as far as I know, they can invoice the State for the majority of the costs related to their services since the State didn't 'win'.

Not donating cash doesn't mean anyone doesn't support the man, his family or the verdict.

My understanding of the Zimmermans is that for a year and a half, as a direct result of the State, the NAACP and the Dept of Justice to name a few - Zimmerman had to leave his job and I believe his wife had not worked either. They were forced to leave their home but still had to come up with a way to pay rent, food, health care and every other debt obligation they had incurred. These were costs forced on them as a result of the State. The State lost. I hope that the State is forced to compensate them for those expenses.

It feels like some people seem to find any funding for the Zimmermans or donations to them to help them out - kind of disgusting. Asking if he can't get a J.O.B.? Geesh.

Sabrina Fulton received 8 months fully paid vacation after the death of her son. She works for the State. The Martins applied for compensation for various expenses with the victims fund afterward. Sabrina Fulton trademarked her sons name in part - the phrases put on all the mugs, t shirts, cd's etc, the cash received goes into a fund. Sabrina Fulton and Tracy Martin settled a lawsuit with the HOA of the housing complex and received a minimum of 1 million dollars - the lawyers sealed the records right after so all that was known is it is 1 million minumum.

I guess the point is - Zimmerman has been found not guilty of a crime that was investigated and propelled through the courts by the State. The State lost. Zimmerman hasn't been able to earn a living. His life has been in shambles - and that of his wife and family. Donations to the Zimmerman family to help them get back on their feet shouldn't be held in any less regard than the mother and father of Trayvon Martin receiving the money they have so they can live their lives. sammieswife

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit