The President addresses the Nation

by designs 257 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

In a speech that is considered one of the most personal given by the President, or any past President, President Obama speaks about Treyvon Martin being him 35 years agoand- Violence, prejudice, the reach and limits of the States and the Federal Government, and the soul searching to follow.

He, the President, invokes Martin Luther King's- 'the content of character' quote to spark a healthy debate in this country.

www.cnn.com

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

I think Martin Luther King's" I have a dream speach" is probably one of the best speaches of the 20th century. So much was going on in the US at the time. I never met MLK but I feel I know him and Obama is no MLK. I am white by the way.

• Violia
    Violia

removing post due to extreme disgust .

• designs
    designs

It is perfectly fine that you are who you are and it is also perfectly fine that our President is not Martin Luther King. The conversation going forward is the thing.

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

There is only two speaches that that I can think of that lend themselves to positive change for the whole world. One is MLKs I have dream speach and the other is Pres Reagans Mr. Gorbachov tear down this wall speach. Am I right or wrong on this?

• designs
    designs

President Obama is a student of President Abraham Lincoln and several points in his speech drew from the inspiration of Lincoln's two Inaugural addresses.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Unti they address the parasitic bankers that bleed the system, its just prattle for the masses.

S

• designs
    designs

Senator Elizabeth Warren commented this week on new Glass-Steagall type legislation to limit big banks which are now 30% larger than before the 2007 Crash. The inability to access capital markets does create generational problems.

It is interesting to hear the start of conversations being aired today from Left and Right, Conservative and Liberal On-Air TV personalities. It is time for this discussion.

Somewhere along the time of Barak Obama's growing up years, teens to early twenties, a voice or voices broke through his teen exerburance that made him see a different path for himself. I think he and Michelle try to repeat that message to teens and college students today.

• Laika
    Laika
    I think Martin Luther King's" I have a dream speach" is probably one of the best speaches of the 20th century. So much was going on in the US at the time. I never met MLK but I feel I know him and Obama is no MLK. I am white by the way.

Trust me, it was not necessary to point this out.

• designs
    designs

It is interesting to listen to Far Right commentators avoid the point of- I was like Treyvon Martin made by the President. Any of us in the xjw world know that lesson well- you can change your life course, it is difficult, it is hard, you lose much and you gain much.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit