Zimmerman Not guilty

by mouthy 480 Replies latest social current

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Total injustice. in my opinion

Trayvon was a teenager who acted the best he could from someone who he perceived to be dangerous and threating.

After it was realized by Trayvon that Zimmerman was not backing off from the first verbal interaction, that this guy was going to be a real

threat to him, he went into his own act of protecting himself.

This altercation was a typical fist fight, Trayvon didn't not have a weapon so to assert that Zimmerman had to use the gun

to protect his life is way over the insinuation to the known facts.

Incredilbly sad. Faith in humanity taking a huge hit right now.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Do you think OJ was innocent and MJ was a good babysitter too ...

What an odd thing to say

• Hummingbird001
    Hummingbird001

I am surprised about how much onus is put on the minor who hasn't finished high school and is walking down the street in a public, rather than on the adult who is supposedly pursuing a college degree and who purposefully inserted himself into the perfectly legal activity of another person.

I don't agree with Martin going after Zimmerman, but perhaps the young man didn't know the proper procedure for when you're followed by a random, armed vigilante, while returning from the store.

• Simon
    Simon

5go - GZ had every right to walk his neighborhood. The first illegal act was when TM punched GZ ti the ground.

GZ is innocent - thankfully the law is cold and dispassionate precisely to prevent these emotive and hysterical responses being responsible for injustice.

It diesn't matter what people want or think, it only matters what can be proved. Heck, most of the prosecution witnesses helped the defense - doesn't that tell you anything?!

But don't let facts cloud your biases now.

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    lisa: any woman raped would have prevented the crime by 'not being there'. I hope i don't have to explain why that is a piss-poor argument.

Yeah, well I don't think saying Zimmerman could have NOT killed TM and should have NOT KILLED TM is like saying a rape victim could have prevented her rape.

Claiming all the things that GZ should have *not* done is lame. TM had equal and more opportunities to prevent the conflict - more

because he initiated it.

I think Zimmerman initiated it. on this we disagree.

Do you think OJ was innocent and MJ was a good babysitter too ...

Why would you ask such a thing? Do you think I'm some kind of a racist who just judges everyone guilty or not guilty based on the color of their skin?

Yeah, that is what you think.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

To those saying GZ was right...good thing he had a gun to defend himself.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    5go - GZ had every right to walk his neighborhood. The first illegal act was when TM punched GZ ti the ground.

And yet it is only GZs word that tells us this. The actual evidence has zero DNA on TM, or bruises or skin under fingernails etc.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    But don't let facts cloud your biases now.

Back atcha Simon

• Simon
    Simon

Witnesses, injuries. Stop repeating, start thinking.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I don't get it, why do people claim that GZ followed TM when he didn't?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

Zimmerman therefore called a non-emergency police line to report Martin's behavior and summon police. [180] [181] During the call, Zimmerman told the dispatcher that Martin was "coming to check me out." [93] A source to the Orlando Sentinel said in May that Zimmerman told investigators that at one point Martin circled his vehicle, [Note 7] and he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation. [177] [182]

After telling the police dispatcher that Martin "ran," [183] Zimmerman left his vehicle to determine his location and ascertain in which direction Martin had fled. [177] [184] The dispatcher asked if Zimmerman was following Martin, and Zimmerman replied "Yeah." Then the dispatcher said, "OK, we don't need you to do that." Zimmerman replied with "OK" and stated that Martin got away. [183] After a discussion about where Zimmerman would meet police, the call ended, and Zimmerman told investigators he was returning to his vehicle when Martin approached him from his left rear and confronted him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit