Zimmerman Not guilty

by mouthy 480 Replies latest social current

• worf
    worf

Thank you Finkelstein. Obviously you are one of the few in this thread that see the real "What Is" in this case.

Thank you.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Hey Worf, long time no hear.

I agree 101 percent with what you say above.

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

All the news I've read says he was instructed to stay in the vehicle. Florida is full of vigilantes and it appears, from all reports, GZ acted as one.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Question: were these news sources that stated that the operator told him to stay in his vehicle, the same ones that made this case about racism in the first place?

Well here is the facts:

Zimmerman therefore called a non-emergency police line to report Martin's behavior and summon police. [180] [181] During the call, Zimmerman told the dispatcher that Martin was "coming to check me out." [93] A source to the Orlando Sentinel said in May that Zimmerman told investigators that at one point Martin circled his vehicle, [Note 7] and he rolled up his window to avoid a confrontation. [177] [182]

After telling the police dispatcher that Martin "ran," [183] Zimmerman left his vehicle to determine his location and ascertain in which direction Martin had fled. [177] [184] The dispatcher asked if Zimmerman was following Martin, and Zimmerman replied "Yeah." Then the dispatcher said, "OK, we don't need you to do that." Zimmerman replied with "OK" and stated that Martin got away. [183] After a discussion about where Zimmerman would meet police, the call ended, and Zimmerman told investigators he was returning to his vehicle when Martin approached him from his left rear and confronted him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Trayvon_Martin

• Violia
    Violia

I am glad the trial is over and the jury got the verdict right. TM is dead and GZ life is ruined. No one won here, it was self defense and should never have gone to trial. It wasted tax papers money and was fueled by politics and the race hustlers.The state did not bring a case and the jury saw through it. I really like the closing instructions by the defense- if it was self defense you don't need to go any further. He was calm and reassuring while the state was yelling about race and hate in GZ heart. The jury was able to filter all that out and come to the obvious conclusion- the state did not bring a case just a bunch of lectures designed to stir up racial hatred . The state lost b/c they forgot to bring their case.

No one won and one person is dead and the others life is ruined.

• Satanus
    Satanus

As far as avoiding race riots, a trial is good.

S

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

No one won and one person is dead and the others life is ruined.

True, one good thing that came from all this though is a win for justice and democracy, and the preservation of the right to defend oneself from thugs that attack you.

• JeffT
    JeffT

It's been said that Justice is a process not a result. In this case justice happened. Prosecutors presented their evidence of a crime, the defense presented their evidence that no crime occured and a jury decided what they believed happened. I think this is the process at work, for good or ill. The extreme versions of any other process are for a couple of cops deciding he didn't do anything wrong and just letting him go; or a mob decides he's guilty, drags him out of the jail and hangs him. We've tried both of those methods in the past and they don't work too well. So we follow a process that sometimes produces (or very often produces) results some of us don't like.

I prefer that process to the alternatives.

• worf
    worf

Hi ShirleyW,

And thank you for seeing this as the blatant injustice that it is.

As for Zimmerman, its a shame that he got away with this.

Worf

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

I believe it was a fair trial.

I accept the verdict is based on the law and the available evidence.

I ALSO believe that 1) if GZ had not profiled TM as an 'asshole' and a 'punk' and 'up to no good' this never would have happened (not illegal but certainly wrong) 2) if GZ had not followed TM, as the 911 operator told him "ok, we don't need you to do that", this would not have happened (not illegal but certainly wrong) 3) if GZ had followed the rules of Neighborhood Watch (that he had been trained in) this never would have happened (not illegal but certainly wrong)

I believe George Zimmerman is responsible for the death of TM and that it was not a justified killing. I'm not talking the law here. the law says, based on the evidence that we have, that he is not guilty. I'm talking ultimate responsibility.

The whole thing is his fault.

But as I said, I also believe there was a fair trial, and I accept the verdict is based on the evidence and the law. In the eyes of the law, he is "not guilty." But that doesn't mean he is not guilty. He is guilty as hell of killing that kid.

I wonder what we can do to make sure something like this does not happen again?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit