Zimmerman Not guilty

by mouthy 480 Replies latest social current

• DJS
    DJS

I am a bit surprised, as I thought manslaughter was the fair charge. I belive there is enough evidence for that, but the comments regarding the prosecution are correct. They acted despicably, intentionally withholding evidence and trying for a murder 2 conviction when it was clear that this was nothing but politicallly motivated.

Still, Zimmerman had a chance to avoid the confrontation, didn't follow the E-911 operator's direction to not become involved, confronted Trayvon and used deadly force when he could have made a different decision. To me those were the compelling bits of evidence against him. I feel for Trayon's family; it does not appear that justice was fully served.

• Simon
    Simon

Gypsy Sam: the trial is finished. He wasn't instructed to stay and had every right to get out.

• Simon
    Simon

Even if he confronted TM (which he didn't, it was the other way round) that still doesn't make it ok for TM to attack him nor make it not OK fir GZ to defend himself.

He was aquited. He's not guilty.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

is anyone suprised? white people get hooked up all of the time. the court is slanted. oh, he was hispanic? wait until i can think of a response.

• DJS
    DJS

If GZ did not pursue/confront Trayvon and did not ignore the E-911 direction, then I am mistaken. These were reported as facts; I did not closely follow the case in the news but don't remember hearing that these 2 issues were not correct.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Total injustice. in my opinion

Trayvon was a teenager who acted the best he could from someone who he perceived to be dangerous and threating.

After it was realized by Trayvon that Zimmerman was not backing off from the first verbal interaction, that this guy was going to be a real

threat to him, he went into his own act of protecting himself.

This altercation was a typical fist fight, Trayvon didn't not have a weapon so to assert that Zimmerman had to use the gun

to protect his life is way over the insinuation to the known facts.

I expect there's going to be a lot of public out cry over the verdict and maybe even some violent rioting as well.

Rodney King , all over again.

• d
    d

I fear some violence as well. I hope that I am wrong.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This verdict also sets a bad precedent for anyone wanting to get into a fight with someone you hate, start a fight with the individual

but knowing that as the fight progresses you can shoot the person dead and you'll get off Scott Free.

• worf
    worf

Simon, One of the many things you are ignoring is the fact as stated above: Zimmerman was told to stay in his vehicle! Another thing you are ignoring is that since Mr. Trayvon Martin was killed, Zimmerman made any claim he could and Mr. Trayvon Martin is not here to defend himself or tell his story of what happened. But the main fact remains that Zimmerman was told not to get out of his car and was told not to do anything. And because Zimmerman blatantly ignored that official instruction, THAT is why this tragedy and now this TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE has occurred. And anyone with even an IOTA of FULLY INTEGRATED HONESTY can see that. WORF

• d
    d

This just shows how the Justice syestem can be unjust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit