Zimmerman Not guilty

by mouthy 480 Replies latest social current

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I don't think the people that argue for concealed carry are upset about this shooting.

• Glander
    Glander

Simon - ( not 100% sure on all these facts, would need to re-watch the video / check details)

That's very honest of you Simon. But in light of the BS flying around this thread by those who don't accept the verdict you are a lightweight.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I agree that it is hard to police this law.

What I meant was on your back in the dark getting beat down by someone stronger than you.

• designs
    designs

tec- Think of our youth in Public School getting an education and career training that would allow them to earn a living upon graduation. Apprenticeship programs ala Germany. The baker who had a store next to mine had studied baking while in High School in Germany and was skilled enough upon graduation to be on his own. Our K-12 is falling behind and we are letting millions of young people seek dangerous means to get a buck. Our prisons are the catch basin.

Maybe Treyvor Martin was getting lost in the dissolving of his family. He was worth saving. He was not to have come to his end with a bullett in his chest.

There are millions like him and we can help them and they can have a good life. We in business have an obligation to mentor. We in any community have an obligation to the youth in our community to see they have a good future.

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

@ sooner7nc and Simon..

If you read my earier comments it will be blatantly obvious that I was being ironic. Of course I don't agree with that! My goodness I nearly got shot myself just then!! You follks are dangerous and trigger happy!

Yes carrying a concealed gun, then going out at night stalking suspicious looking black dudes.. even after making the call to the police and BEING TOLD NOT TO CONTINUE FOLLOWING THE GUY. I go completely against police advice because I fancy myself as some sort of Charles Bronson character and am dying to get into a situation where I can test my pistol out so hell yes I'm going to follow and possibly provoke this guy..

Apologies that some of us just can not ever agree with this. We are not from the land where the gun is worshipped. We are not all gun toting Americans here and even if in a situation where we are attacked it's still not justified in the countries where we live to not even own a gun.. let alone have one an use it to shoot dead any person for what ever reason.

This whole thing is just shocking to many of us.

“Returning violence for violence multiplies violence, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars... Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”

? Martin Luther King Jr.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Designs, do you not at least put some of the responsibility on TM for attacking GZ? Not even a little?

I can't comprehend how you couldn't.

• Glander
    Glander

There are millions like him and we can help them and they can have a good life. We in business have an obligation to mentor. We in any community have an obligation to the youth in our community to see they have a good future.

Where have you been for the last fifty years, Pollyanna ?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

I do think the "Shoot Everyone" idea is good

• designs
    designs

sooner7nc- The evidence points to Treyvon being on top of George and hitting him, I accept that. But as EP said the overwhelming responsibility for nothing happening was on George, remember the training given to those who carry- Avoid Avoid Avoid.

I got in fights in High School, I was responsible as well as the other guys. I knew when the pipes came out it was time to call it off. I sat in a car one night at a Jack In The Box with another guy and watched as one of the gangs kicked the hell out of that car. Youth and our teens are tough for some of us to go through and we learn from our mistakes and mature. Martin could have matured, and millions of young guys just like him can have a good life if we all take some responsibilty for their futures. In business that means for me to be a mentor and have apprenticeships.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

What kind of mentoring do you do? Not being a smartass. I'm actually interested because you're right about it. You don't see it much anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit