Zimmerman Not guilty

by mouthy 480 Replies latest social current

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Skittles and Iced Tea...

Also happen to be ingredients in what is known as:

Sizzurp... lean... syrup... drank... Texas Tea...

Purple Drank

• still thinking
    still thinking

Ok...I have just seen this...please give me your comments. I am horrified if this is true.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/16/george-zimmerman_n_1676729.html

• still thinking
    still thinking

And what sort of comment is this from zimmermans lawyer???

Although counsel was advised to leave race out of the discussion during trial, during the post-trial press conference, Zimmerman's defense attorney, Mark O'Mara, remarked that if his client were black, "he never would've been charged with a crime."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/14/mark-omara-george-zimmerman-black_n_3593337.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

• Simon
    Simon

The point was, there was not sufficient evidence to bring the prosecution they did. It was only brought because of racial-politics. Why are so many black-on-black crimes not charged when the same amount of evidence exists?

I want to read up on allegations before they are repeated on this site. This whole thing is a mess and given the dirty tricks so far, I dont trust anything coming out of the prosecution camp.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I have to agree with you there....the whole thing IS a mess. And it stinks to high heavens.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

l heard about the child molestation accusations against GZ several weeks ago. I thought I read it was a cousin of his. Not sure. Dont know if there is any truth to it. Wouldnt surprise me if it turns out to be true. Not bc we are talking about GZ but bc of my own personal experience and because of my work. I see a lot of sick ppl.

• still thinking
    still thinking

The article says she was his cousin. And his lawyer said "it wasn't relevent to this case'.

If it is true and Z did abuse her for 10 years...do people still view Zimmerman as the innocent man he claims?

If he did beat his wife...do people still view him as 'just defending himself'?

If his family IS really racist as that article claims...do people still view this as a non racist act?

Would any of that change your view on what happened between Z and TM? Does not allowing evidence to be submitted in a case taint it?

What if we never heard TMs history of drugs, stealing and spray painting walls? How would you view him? And WHY has only that been admitted as evidence? How is his past more relevant that Zimmermans? Especially given that THIS might well be Zimmermans past. Whos is worse?

I really don't think this case is as clear cut as people would like to think it is. In fact. It leaves me with more questions than it answers.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

The two incidents you mention did not result in any criminal convictions at all. The judge heard and disregarded all that as non relevant.

The assault on a 'cop' ...was in fact heard at trial. There were undercover cops, not wearing badges, who were in a bar to get underage drinkers. Something about the way they operate undercover had to do with the operations of creating a scuffle in order to provoke and remove - however it was explained, the judge understood. Zimmerman went to the defense of his friend who he thought was being roughed up by some guy in a bar - he never knew it was a cop and the assault was in fact a 'shove' - not a punch or attack. That's why he got a diversion and no other charges were ever filed.

As to the second - there were allegations but they both made the allegations against one another - nothing went to court, nothing was proved on either side and no conviction for any violence, no evidence apparently of any violence on either side. They went their separate ways and that was it.

sammieswife

In 2005, Zimmerman was charged with assaulting a police officer and resisting arrest, after shoving an officer while a friend of Zimmerman’s was being questioned about underage drinking. The charges were reduced, then dropped when Zimmerman entered a pre-trial diversion program. Also in 2005, Zimmerman’s ex-fiance filed a restraining order against him, alleging domestic violence. Zimmerman requested a reciprocal restraining order. Both orders were granted. The incidents were raised by prosecutors at Zimmerman’s initial bond hearing. The judge described the incidents as “run of the mill” and “somewhat mild” and rejected the prosecution’s claim that the incidents demonstrated that Zimmerman was violent or a threat to the community.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

This whole thing about race is ridiculous. Zimmerman was a latino. One minority against another? That is not what racism is.

But the blacks don't even learn a lesson from this. If their race is not to be profiled, why are they out with hoodies and protesting and causing problems?

I don't have a problem with blacks. Saw many of them at the District convention. If Trayvon was at the DC or meetings or in field service or in family worship, he would never have had this problem. Worldly Blacks have always had an image problem, which is why Bill Cosby has said the things he said about them.

• happytobefree
    happytobefree

Rattigan350... why is wearing a hoodie a black thing...WOW...do you really know that is what caused this issue RACIAL PROFILING. He assummed this youngman was up to no good because he was wearing a clothing garment. If this kid was trying to get into a car or house...but just walking home in the rain with a hood over your head...PLEASE

And they are not out causing problems...they exercising their RIGHT as Americans to PROTEST..

All I can say about reading some of the comments on this exJW board is that I'm glad I no longer have to pretend to enjoy people that I often find repulsive.

And WOW!!! Simon is the biggest surprise...But to each their OWN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit