Zimmerman Not guilty

by mouthy 480 Replies latest social current

• Mary
    Mary
    She "went back" and shot towards her husband and his thirteen year old sons. The two cases are completely different.

No they're not. They're virtually the same thing but with two different results. This woman's husband has a history of violence. She couldn't get away from him and knew that she was in for a beating or something even worse so she did what she thought she had to do because she obviously felt her life was in danger: she shot in his direction but didn't kill him. She got 20 freaking years for that!

George Zimmerman followed an unarmed teenager and ends up killing him because he felt his life was in danger. He walks away a free man.

No two sets of rules here...........

• Simon
    Simon

Mary: While the Marissa Alexander case could seem "unfair" to someone looking for evidence of disparity and only giving it a cursory glance it doesn't take long to see that it is nothing at all similar to the GZ case.

In particular:

• She entered his house thinking he wasn't home to remove items.
    • When discovering he was there she went out to her vehicle to get a gun.
    • After returning with the gun she pointed it at her ex-husband and CHILDREN and fired
    • She chose to 'risk' using the "stand your ground" law instead of the 3yr sentence she would face.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/19/marissa-alexander-gets-20_n_1530035.html

That isn't "stand your ground" ... it's not meant to be an excuse to attack someone. Now what miscarriage of justice do you imagine you've seen?

So please drop the rediculous comparisons - they just make people look desperate and silly.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

George Zimmerman followed an unarmed teenager and ends up killing him because he felt his life was in danger.

That is a complete and utter lie. TM attacked period.

• Simon
    Simon
    How / why did oculus aperire videos disappear? I have no idea why the video is one sided if it is just clips of Zimmerman telling his story and tripping all over himself

No videos have been removed.

Videos can be edited to show whatever someone wants.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

How is it an utter lie?

a. Zimmerman admits to following him.

b. Trayvon Martin was unarmed

c. He killed him

d. You all said his life was in danger.

• Simon
    Simon

How is it an utter lie?

a. Zimmerman admits to following him.

He followed him and was then returning to his vehicle. TM first started walkign toward GZs vehicle ... does that mean TM was "stalking" him?

b. Trayvon Martin was unarmed

Fists and physique and the pavement.

c. He killed him

In self-defence = lawful killing, not murder.

d. You all said his life was in danger.

I would feel in danger if a 6.5ft black guy had punched me to the ground, was beating me and pouding my head against the concrete.

Now, what else are you confused with?

• Simon
    Simon
    She couldn't get away from him and knew that she was in for a beating or something even worse so she did what she thought she had to do because she obviously felt her life was in danger: she shot in his direction but didn't kill him

No Mary, that is the lie she came up with - the reality is that she was in complete safety, could have easily called the police or driven off. Instead she chose to take a gun, return and attempt to murder someone and put children at risk.

She was actually only facing 3 years for that.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

I think the only common lesson and link between the two cases is don't go back for an attack because you won't have any legal ground to stand on, and attacking people is proabably something you should avoid doing.

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

sosoconfused, there was something else in one of his interviews that I caught that made me think GZ was not telling the whole truth. I can't remember what it was right now. When I have time I will find it and post. Perhaps if law enforcement took a harder look at his story they may have had a better chance at a manslaughter conviction. But maybe the actual racists here were the police investigators. Maybe they didn't care to look too closely at GZ's statements because after all it was just another "black thug" killed.

IMO GZ wanted to catch a bad guy and have him jailed. I don't believe he wanted to kill TM. But his actions helped create the situation. Maybe his punishment is enough now. He will be looking over his shoulder for a very long time now. If I were him I would leave Florida. Now more than ever, I would say the guy should carry a gun. But he may be so paranoid another unarmed person may be hurt or killed.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

I would feel in danger if a 6.5ft black guy had punched me to the ground, was beating me and pouding my head against the concrete.

That's curious. Does being "black" add superpower to an assailant's punch? Makes it more fearful?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit