Zimmerman Not guilty

by mouthy 480 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

Finkelstein: TM was not running because he was afraid. He circled GZs car and stared at him. He came back, confronted and attacked GZ. That is not the behaviour of someone who is afraid and trying to run home. It is the behaviour of an aggresor who we know was on drugs.

If you are being attacked and have reason to believe your life or wellbeing is in danger you are entitled to defend yourself using any and all means necessary.

If this changes then expect to see more muggings / beatings and attacks from emboldened criminals and miscarriages of justice where victims who survive face imprisonment for the crime of not dying in the street at the hands of some thug.

• designs
    designs

Then the States of New York and Florida should reopen the cases of Mr. White and Mrs. Alexander and the thousands of others currently doing prison time for acts similar to Zimmerman's.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Last comment ..... I think in this case George Zimmerman should have been charged with voluntary Manslaughter.

That would have been a fair and balanced penalty, given the total gathering of information and circumstances

concerning the events of this case.

• flipper
    flipper

This is truly a tragedy of epic proportions this whole Zimmerman / Trayvon murder. Very sad. Now a family mourns the loss of a son . I won't get into the guilty or not guilty thing - however as the singer Sting stated in the title of a song he wrote, " History Will Teach us Nothing ". It's always been that way in this country and around the world. Just look at the way Native American Indians and African Americans were treated through the last several hundred years - prejudice and ignorance still exist unjustly so- and only people waking up individually will gradually change that.

This murder case last spring inspired me to write this song entitled :

Prejudice and Ignorance

Prejudice and ignorance it's all just the same

By keeping that view we have ourselves to blame

I don't really know why people have to hate

They just don't realize they need to set it straight

How many times must we cry

Before we even try ?

How many young men will die

Til' we lift our voice to the sky ?

Black or yellow or white or red

People seek to put down each other instead

They don't really care if they're right or wrong

They just make sure that the hate last long

How many tears must we cry

Before we even try ?

How long will hatred fly

Before we tell it goodbye ?

What we really need is to not be blind

There has to be a total change of mind

To look at each other as equal and free

And recognize the dignity in humanity

There's not much more I can put in this song

Not until we decide to all get along

If we all join hands we can make a change

With peace and understanding we can all arrange

How many tears must we cry

Before we even try ?

Let's have a change of heart

Then we can make a new start

Let's have change of heart

Then we can make a new start.

Thought you'd enjoy this contribution to the thread. If not, that's fine as well. But it's my take on the subject- and I'm proud of it

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Finkelstein: TM was not running because he was afraid. He circled GZs car and stared at him. He came back, confronted and attacked GZ.

Just to clarify a little, TM yes circle GZ car on one street then shortly after began running around a corner onto the street where

his father lived, the fatal altercation happen 50 ft. or so from that house. When TM ran, GZ momentarily lost sight of TM which made

him pursue TM even more aggressively.

Once it was realized by TM that GZ was really after him when the two got sight of each on the street where his father lived ,

it confirmed in this mind that this guy was really trying to mug him for money or whatever.

Why didn't Zimmerman say to TM that " hey guy I'm not trying to mug you, I'm a designated Neighborhood watcher " ????

One sentence could have been all it took to quenched the whole event and its unfortunate deadly outcome.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Flipper - Great Job

" To look at each other as equal and free

And recognize the dignity in humanity"

*Thumbs Up

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

By the way the autopsy on TM indicated just elements of Marijuana in his system.

No indication of him being overtly high on drugs as some people have suggested and Marijuana dose not make one violently aggressive.

• Oculos Aperire
    Oculos Aperire

@Simon..

I have been reading your comments and you speak with the authority of someone that was actually there and witnessed everything first hand. You speak of 'evidence' and 'facts' with the same surety and confidence that the society does. Did you learnt this habit from them I wonder? Not one person here can ever claim to know what happened that day as you seem to keep doing.. to have all the truth and facts on the matter. It's all just hearsay and he-said she-said . To say any different is simply a lie. And I thought we were all here because we don't like lies? Judges, courts and jurors also are no guarantee of the truth either as the history of unsafe convictions and bad judgements, imprisonments and the executions of innocents in the US testify.

To also simply write Taylor off with the "he was on drugs" when the analysis showed that there was but a small trace of marijuana in his blood is just a bit ignorant. You sound like an elder now. No disrespect and I'm not sure if it's your intention but do you realise that your coming across as quite hostile, narrow, aggressive and somewhat racist yourself? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7gkFCP4f54

Zimmerman was it seems actually out looking for toruble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qiub3siGrb8

That man is lyiing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVbTFIA5jZs
  • valkyrie
    valkyrie

What is the "Gabby Giffords incident"? [I apologize if it is already a matter of general knowledge here.]

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Where did GZ hold his gun? I could be wrong but during the trial (his interviews) I thought he said it was on his side and then said it was holstered behind him?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit