DID YOU KNOW the latest Brooklyn sell-offs will take total Watchtower earnings to $804 MILLION since 2004?

by cedars 73 Replies latest jw friends

• factfinder
    factfinder

Cedars-

How did I approach you on fb with "sob stories" under the pretense I need help?

I have never put on any pretense John.

I have posted many times about wrongdoing on the part of the wts. But I am trying to be less negative and more objective.

Yes, there has been a large decrease in the amount of printed pages in the magazines.

Yes, the wts is taking in a lot of money on the sale of their Brooklyn facilities.

I am not trying to convince anyone on jwn to become a witness or go back to being one. As I wrote, I don't even know if I will go back to meetings.

I am really surprised at your negativity towards me. I told you I am not trying to convince you to return to meetings.

I only shared with you information on how I saw things slow down for several years, but then go into high gear again and reach higher levels than before and that I believe it could happen again. We don't know.

You do not need to be friends on FB with me John. You are upset because I do not see everything as you do.

I have agreed with you on what you wrote about the reduction in printed pages. There is no smokescreen and if I was an active witness my conscience would not allow me to be on fb or jwn.

• Splash
    Splash

A great money spinner for the Soc would be if they released their own 'Thablet' (Theocratic Tablet).

Millions of dubs would buy them, they could be locked to jw.org, and there would be no need to print as much.

A monthly subscription plus a newly released Thablet every two years would generate Million$.

WatchTower Bible and Tablet Society anyone?

Splash

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Yikes Splash you might be onto something! I can see it now... they'll think it untheocratic to use anything but the 'approved' thablet! They'll find a way to charge a fee for the service while avoiding sales taxes. I'm sure they will have scriptural justification. Moses had ten commandments on two tablets didn't he? that means 5 on each tablet... that means 5 meetings on 1 tablet. Voila! The scriptures speak for themselves!

• dropoffyourkeylee
  • dropoffyourkeylee
  • JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Splash, funny, that is a great idea, but I don't think the current mentality at Bethel is ready for that. If they went that mainstream, I can just see the advertisement/comparison with Moses coming down from the mountain with the 10 commandments on a JW tablet. LOL

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

According to their totally not-legally binding numbers, they have nearly tripled their expenses for special pioneers, missionaries, and C.O.'s in 12 years.

What a load of b.s. that is. C.O. expenses in the vast amount of places are covered by congregations. Special pioneers and missionary numbers have been reducing over time. Like any good corporation, they have learner to roll ANY expenses into a category that suits them best, be it lawsuits or first-class hotel accommodations for GB and Bethel Heavies.

They probably have a secret definition for "missionary" to include all publishers and roll the cost of producing literature supplies into that total.

Either that or they just put any number that suits them in the column.

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

On the way out, good point, every expense they have is passed on to the publishers through an expected "donation". If the CO's and Do's need cars, the expense is passed on to the congregation, and WT purchases enough vehicles to support the U.S. branch needs at Bethel.

Health insurance for the Co' and DO's is passed on, and of course the WTBTS is self insured, meaning they take the premiums from the congregations and don''t payout any claims. Even when the missionaries are flown home every four years or so, there is a letter sent to the congregations with an expected donation over so many months to pay for the airfare. I wish that the government would hit them with being in the insurance business without the credentials.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

splash: A great money spinner for the Soc would be if they released their own 'Thablet' (Theocratic Tablet).

And it could be programmed to ONLY go to jw.org and your financial institution to arrange on-line donations.

All other websites would be blocked, especially "apostate" websites.

Don't laugh, Scientologists are supposed to install software on their computers that automatically blocks a list of known anti-Scientology websites.

I'm actually surprised the WT hasn't come up with something along those lines.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Oubliette - "I'm actually surprised the WT hasn't come up with something along those lines."

Why?

They're at least 10 years behind the times on virtually everything else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit