If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

So the 'they' can take away the rights from innocent hard working Americans.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

Guilty-2nd degree murder.

<<<So you admit to having no basis to express an opinion on this, yet you go ahead and express two of them - one that he's guilty of voluntary manslaughter on what you have already heard, and also raise the possibility that you acquit him based on evidence you haven't heard yet. That doesn't make any sense. --- Las Malvinas>>>>

Las Malviinas,

Try reading my comment again. I thought it was rather clear, but I will clarify it further for you. I stated that based on what I've seen so far, I think he's guilty of voluntary manslaughter, but that I could not convict or acquit him as a juror based on what I've seen because I haven't seen everything that the jury saw.

This topic has 5 pages, but you might recall that the topic is "If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote?" I submit that no one here can answer that question, since none of us were in the courtroom watching the trial from the jury box, and also because juries are required to deliberate before rendering their verdict. The fact that none of us have deliberated with other jurors on this matter further supports the conclusion that it is impossible to answer this question in an accurate manner. The answers here are pure speculation.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

'THUG'= the 2013 word for 'young black male'--Most often used by people who are older and stuck in the ways of the past.

Thank goodnes a new era of open-minded thinking has arrived!

• Simon
    Simon
    I could not convict or acquit him as a juror based on what I've seen because I haven't seen everything that the jury saw.

I agree, that's why I said " But then we have heard more evidence about TM than the jury has ..."

I normally agree with a person's previous history not being used against them in an unrelated crime BUT in this case I think it's unfair that they are trying to paint GZ in a certain way and at the same time suppress from the jurors the fact that TM seemed a little obsessed with fighting and violence. I believe that played a huge role in what unfolded and the jurors aren't getting to hear the whole story.

If I was on the jury and let mysefl judge things based on sentiment then I may well convict him. I don't think it would be the correct decision though.

<<<< It wasn't homicide it was self defense.

What planet are you from and what planet do you live on?

Do you understand english?>>>

Mr. Brown,

For a person who professes a background in law enforcement, it's rather surprising that you are ignorant of the definiition of "homicide." Homicide is defined as "[t]he killing of one human being by the act, procurement, or omission of another." BLACK'S LAW DICTIONARY 734 (6th Ed. 1990).

Edited to add: Self defense and homicide are not mutually exclusive. Homicide is not necessarily illegal; in the case of legitimate self defense, it is legal. Another example of legal homicide would be executions. In this case, a homicide was definitely committed, despite your incorrect claims to the contrary.

I am from planet earth, and I still reside on planet earth. Unlike you, I understand English and also know how to express myself in English.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

I did read your comment, no need to re-read it. What you did was piously lecture us about providing speculation as to what we think would be the result, and then provided two hypotethical verdicts of your own, taking positions on both sides. I understand your point of not knowing all the facts, and that this was purely speculation. What I didn't understand was you contributing two of your own speculations to the mix after admonishing others to not speculate.

• Simon
    Simon
    'THUG'= the 2013 word for 'young black male'--Most often used by people who are older and stuck in the ways of the past.
    Thank goodnes a new era of open-minded thinking has arrived!

I disagree. Thug = youth who seems involved in drugs, robberies and violence.

What other definition of thug do you want to suggest?

In this case the thug happened to be black. That doesn't stop him being a thug though. Whether a certain community or ethnicity truly "produces more thugs" than others is something for them to consider and society to wrestle with.

• James Brown
    James Brown

Not true in Florida.

I was a detention officer in the county jail.

And thug is what all the blacks call thugs.

I'm 60 and retired but young black officers 20-40 call them thant thugs.

The thugs call themselves another word. Which whites are not allowed to use in public.

The state of Florida even had a detenton program called Hugs for Thugs.

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

As someone who lives in Detroit, Michigan-I don't know any black people who call other blacks thugs, unless they are the JW type. To me, it is a substitute for the N-word .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit