If you were on the Zimmerman jury, how would you vote? 2nd degree murder, manslaughter or innocent?

by UnConfused 314 Replies latest social current

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

@Sammieswife: After looking up the sources of your multiple uncredited quotations, it appears that www.breitbart.com is your 'news' and information channel of choice.

---

Got a problem Val? Keep trying to paint me as something you want to peg me by. It doesn't work. You whined about what I posted, I went and found you some data to support what I was saying. I could have spent another two hours spoon feeding you the same information from other sites, but I can't quite frankly be bothered.

I'm not a conservative. Nor a liberal. I am independent and align with no party so I read everything and don't censor myself from anything.

I will tell you what I told someone else on here. If you choose to complain about one news source because it doesn't fit your own personal ideal then you choose to live within a narrow parameter. The same news is often and usually picked up by a lot of the mainstream news sooner or later and you know why? Because there is no real or different news. It's just about opinion. So if you want a liberal slant then choose a liberal slant. If you want conservative then choose conservative. Their news is no different - they just take a piece, spin it your way and there you have it - your chosen source for all that is going on in the world. Right or wrong, doesn't matter.

So again you tried to paint me or infer that I was a racist by another comment. That didn't work.

Now you can try and tell me that I'm a conservative or ill informed or mis informed or stupid or ...gee, I'm not even sure at this point.

I'm not really sure what your real issue is. There is a saying - people need only own their own themselves. They have no obligation to 'own' the negativity, hatred, anger or any other behavior or emotion that people try and push on them. I'm good where I'm at no matter how people try to malign or infer otherwise. sammieswife

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

@Sammieswife: so defensive.

I stated nothing but the facts:

- the source of your information

- the source of my information

- my choice

Anything else is your own projection. Into a mirror.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

@Sammieswife: so defensive.

-

No...so tired.. sammieswife

• Berengaria
    Berengaria
    Well...this case sure seems to have brought a lot of underlying issues in society to the surface.
    http://rt.com/usa/us-zimmerman-nationwide-protests-079/

Wow, that Russia Today article completely overblows what few protests there were. There's far more destruction at a Soccer match or when a local sports team wins.

One thing I found inspiring, was that the protests were diverse groups of people. Black, White, Asian etc., all standing together as can be seen in photos and videos. This wasn't about race as much as about justice.

I do wonder what Obamas involvement in this was. Why was he fanning the flames on this issue?

Obama??

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

Guilty, how many times have you gone out confronted someone you thought to be suspicious and blasted them in an altercation you might have started?

It's b.s. how this guy got off so easy and a kid is dead for nothing, the jury decided that his actions were okay. How can that be? Is a person's life of no value?

• Simon
    Simon

He didn't start it. Your argument is invalid.

He didn't "get off easily". Your argument is invalid.

The Jury decided he acted in self-defense.

Of course life has value - his does to, he's allowed to prevent someone taking it.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Sammy - The Law trumps morals and logic in this case. The fact is if Zimmerman would have not profiled the kid stopped following / identified himself / followed the instructions of an individual who had more common sense then he did none of this would have happened... however the LAW did not prevent him from doing any of those things so TECHNICALLY he is innocent. That is all that matters to many people.

Remember most people do not think TM is a kid because he was intimidating and scary because he had a hoody and was tall and "apparently" a thug who just got what he deserved(not my words). Most people realize that this situation was brought about by Zimmerman but they do not care.

• Simon
    Simon

Some of us care about life and justice and truth, not thoughtless and blind propaganda.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

-

“Most people realize that this situation was brought about by Zimmerman but they do not care.”

sosoconfused,

When did you become the spokesperson for “most people”?

The incident of Zimmerman and Martin is a tragedy for two families.

In hindsight I’m sure Zimmerman would have done things different. But that’s not possible.

In hindsight I’m sure Martin would have done things different. But that’s not possible, either.

I’ve seen no evidence Zimmerman was doing anything other than trying to act in the best interest of his neighborhood. Zimmerman is, after all, the one who telephoned law enforcement informing them of his own actions and explaining what he saw and why he was watching Martin. This is not how murderers operate. People up to no good don’t phone their whereabouts and actions into the police department.

Has it occurred to you that Martin was up to no good? Has it occurred to you that he was looking around to see what he could steal on his way to his father’s house, and that Zimmerman’s presence averted a crime? We’ll never know whether Martin was looking to commit a crime the night he was killed by Zimmerman. The fact is that Zimmerman spotted behavior that looked suspicious to him. He phoned police. That is acting in good faith.

The result is tragic. No question about that. But I don’t see where Zimmerman deserves to be maligned as he is. If we changed the skin color of Zimmerman and Martin you can bet your bottom dollar that race baiters like Al Sharpton would today be heralding how the justice system finally worked by finding Zimmerman not guilty. And therein lays my bigger concern.

Marvin Shilmer

• Simon
    Simon

Ok, I think this crap has gone on long enough now.

The crime was investigated and George Zimmerman was found innocent. Trayvon Martin's family had their day in court, there was simply no evidence to convict and evidence to aquit.

Everyone has had their say but some people just want to endlessley repeat what are basically outright lies and listening to them is sickening.

This forum is not the platform for that and will not be dragged down by racists.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit